Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 8 years ago

Can I use gun oil to clean my airsoft gun?

It is a pad I got from big5. It is used for .22 to .175 caliber guns. The pad has things in it to clean guns. I have an aeg airsoft gun made of plastic. The package doesn't say what's inside the pad.

Favorite Answer

Yea u can use it but if u use it it will smell like gun oil and u won't get the smell off.... I suggest u just lube the barrel if it is metal with the oil...

Source(s): Past experiences

What are you wanting to clean? if it is the aluminum barrel then you should have no problem, however if you are wanting to clean the body then you should find an inconspicuous location to test before you use it. What you would have to worry about is the plastic melting down. if you want to see an example of this put Styrofoam into lighter fluid or gasoline it's always fun to watch.

Source(s): organic chemistry class
  • Erika

in no way, in no way use infant oil on any gun. it is going to truly reason jamming. WD40 is your ultimate guess. I reccomebd a sprig down of all mechanical areas each a million-4 months consistent with use.

I would use Silicon to be safe.

Source(s): Personal Expierence