If Jesus went to the Abraham's bosom side of hades when he died, then...?

If Jesus went to the Abraham's bosom side of hades when he died, and you understand "Today you will be with me in paradise" to refer to Abraham's bosom (i.e. Abraham's bosom = paradise in heart of earth), then how do you understand this:

He tells the Father "Into your hands I commend my spirit"

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The account about Abraham's bosom is a parable, addressed to the Pharisees, who were money lovers. When Jesus came, Lazarus-like persons came into God's favor, while the rich man-like Pharisees were in disfavor with God and tormented. Luke 16:14-31

Luke 23:43 where Jesus promised paradise to the evildoer, is mistranslated. The original greek does not have capital letters or commas, so where you put these items in the English sentence is dependent on the translator.

It is just as valid, and more in line with God's promise, for it to read

"Truly I tell you today, "You will be with me in Paradise.""

Jesus promised him that day, but he will be with him in the resurrection on the last day, in the future.

Jesus told Martha, whose brother had died:

(John 11:23-26) Jesus said to her: “Your brother will rise.” 24 Martha said to him: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; 26 and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. Do you believe this?”

Whereas many translations place a comma before the word “today” and thereby give the impression that the evildoer entered Paradise that same day, there is nothing in the rest of the Scriptures to support this. Jesus himself was dead and in the tomb until the third day and was then resurrected as “the firstfruits” of the resurrection. (Ac 10:40; 1Co 15:20; Col 1:18) He ascended to heaven 40 days later.—Joh 20:17; Ac 1:1-3, 9.

The evidence is, therefore, that Jesus’ use of the word “today” was not to give the time of the evildoer’s being in Paradise but, rather, to call attention to the time in which the promise was being made and during which the evildoer had shown a measure of faith in JesusT

he evildoer who died alongside Jesus was not among those to whom he said "I will go and prepare a place for you" and "you were with me in my trials." The "Paradise" that Jesus referred to was the earthly paradise that will be the destiny of those who will be resurrected to life on the earth in peaceful conditions like the paradise in Eden.

Source(s): Holy Scriptures, New World Translation http://www.jw-reader.org/ "Where Are the Dead?" The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life, pg 43 Insight on the Scriptures vol 2, pg 474, "Paradise"

It is about love and obligation.

Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.

" It is the death of someone who has nothing to regret, who remains faithful to the truth, and to the trust given him, until the very end. So, there is tremendous regret among the crowd, and the centurion, who understand an innocent man was crucified.

The poignant note at the end of the first paragraph, above, tells us that Jesus' friends watched all of this at a distance. Those who have stayed close to him, who have followed him from his home of Galilee, have stood watch far away, and witnessed all of this that happened to him.

Importantly, not everyone on the council has agreed to this plan of crucifixion.

Joseph of Arimathea comes to Pilate to ask for Jesus' body, to give him a good and proper burial. Those who love him, who care for him, pick up the pieces of what is left to be done for someone after death. This sad, wistful story is a reminder of the love and obligations we feel to someone to whom we have a loyalty, a love

. Crucified between two thieves as a criminal, there are those who love and serve him still, there is faith, there are things that remain to be done. It is important that Joseph of Arimathea, who has taken it upon himself to provide a tomb and to ask Pilate for Jesus' body, is also a leader of the Jewish community, a member of the council - and he believed.

Source(s): Book of the Synopitic gospels.com

Simple: He said this "as a promise" to the man on His right side. It does not mean He will stay there, for Psalm 110 said clearly:" Seat AT MY RIGHT HAND untill I put your enemies as a stool for your feet". After His death, He said "Me and the Father ARE ONE". This had not been said before.

At the time He was to die, He DELIVERED His Spirit (meaning that no one killed Him, He gave it VOLUNTARILY), He went into DEATH, so He commended His Spirit in His Father's Hands.

He had said it before: "You think IT IS EASY TO SNATCH THE LIFE OF ONE OF YOU FROM THE FATHER'S HANDS?" So, accordingly, He "delivered His Spirit" "into The Father's Hands".

You see, all fits perfectly.

Jesus never sinned...he was not punished........when he died he went to sleep...hell is the common grave of all mankind.....not a burning pit...when he was resurrected three days later he was given a new body....his disciples did not recognize him.....30 days later his sacred offering of his life was accepted by God and he went back to heaven

Jesus was the first of flesh and bone to enter heaven,so those in paradise went with him.

and having said thus, he gave up the ghost; breathed out his soul, dismissed his spirit, laid down his life, freely and voluntarily, and which no man, or devil, otherwise could have taken away from him.

At death they became one again, descended into the depths and the rest is history. whats so hard to understand about that?

God, his Father, cares for all his little ones, alongside with Jesus. Jesus could no longer be killed or have his existence taken from him. It became into at this 2d, while he had achieved what he were here to do, that he gave up his existence and gave up his physique and dedicated his spirit to God's care. sure, his spirit went to the reliable edge of Hades or the spirit paradise, interior the earth. God is acquainted with all that is going on there besides. It became into no longer heaven because of the fact keep in mind on the morning of Jesus resurrection, that he advised Mary he had no longer yet ascended to his Father (God) who lives in Heaven. Jesus became into no longer idle on an identical time as he became into in spirit paradise.... John 5:25 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now's, while the lifeless shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and that they that hear shall stay. John 10:18 18 No guy taketh it from me, yet I lay it down of myself. I particularly have capacity to place it down, and that i've got capacity to take it lower back. This commandment have I gained of my Father. a million Peter 3 18 For Christ additionally hath as quickly as suffered for sins, the only for the unjust, that he could carry us to God, being placed to dying interior the flesh, yet quickened by potential of the Spirit: 19 by potential of which additionally he went and preached unto the spirits in detention center; 20 Which sometime have been disobedient.... a million Peter 4 6 For for this reason became into the gospel preached additionally to them that are lifeless, that they could be judged in accordance to adult men interior the flesh, yet stay in accordance to God interior the spirit. John 20:17 17 Jesus saith unto her, touch me no longer; for i'm no longer yet ascended to my Father: yet circulate to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

When any of us die our fate rests within the hands of God, this is what Jesus meant when He told His Father into your hands I commend my spirit.

Well there are several parts of Scripture that support this. But you have to understand why Jesus had to enter Abraham's Bosom (Limbo for the Fathers) it was to fulfill the prophesy of the Messiah to bring His Gospel to all past, present, and future generations and prior before the advent of Jesus no one could enter Heaven because of the sin of Adam (original sin), mankind is born into disobedience. In order to accomplish this because He was without sin He had to share in a bath of redemption that is why St. John the Baptist had to baptize Jesus so He could be counted amongst the sinners. St. John the Baptist prepared the way to the cross for Jesus otherwise if Jesus would have died if He had not shared in the bath of redemption because He was born into obedience He would have entered into Heaven rather than Abraham's Bosom (Limbo for the Fathers).

First the criminal that was crucified on the cross next to Him said to Jesus to remember him when He entered into His Kingdom well Jesus said He would be with him in Paradise that very day. Paradise is Abraham's Bosom (Limbo for the Fathers). I will even attach a Jewish and a Catholic site to clarify this.

Luke 23:39-43

Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying, "Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us." The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply, "Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation? And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal." Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." He replied to him, "Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/11900-p...

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14519a.htm

-----

Than after Jesus was resurrected He told St. Mary Magdalene that He had not yet ascended to His Father who was in Heaven. So if He didn't enter Heaven yet after His resurrection He had to go somewhere and that would have been Abraham's Bosom (Limbo for the Fathers).

John 20:17

Jesus said to her, "Stop holding on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, 'I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

----

Then you have where Jesus entered in the Epistle of St. Peter when He preached His Gospel to the spirits there those were the righteous dead in Abraham's Bosom (Limbo for the Fathers).

1 Peter 3:18-20

For Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the sake of the unrighteous, that he might lead you to God. Put to death in the flesh, he was brought to life in the spirit. In it he also went to preach to the spirits in prison, who had once been disobedient while God patiently waited in the days of Noah during the building of the ark, in which a few persons, eight in all, were saved through water.

-----

Then Jesus rising on the third day these spirits that were with Him also risen after Him.

Matthew 27:51-53

And behold, the veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth quaked, rocks were split, tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. And coming forth from their tombs after his resurrection, they entered the holy city and appeared to many.

----

Of course Jesus had taken these saints with Him when He ascended into Heaven during those 40 days He was preparing a place for them on the 40th day when He ascended and left His Apostles He taken them with Him.

John 14:2-3

In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.

-----

And here it is no one could enter Heaven before the advent of Jesus which can be read about in Romans 5:12-21.

John 3:13-15

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who has come down from heaven, the Son of Man. And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life."

If you can't do any good, at least don't do any bad.