looking jewish means what?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It means that the person that is said to "look Jewish" probably shares either one or more of the traits from notable Jewish figures featured here:

http://jewishfaces.com/

But Jews don't all look the same so it's kinda hard to say. I mean no one would claim that supermodel Bar Refaeli or Scarlett Johansson look Jewish.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

European Jews have lived in isolated communities for so many centuries that they share genetic traits - eg there is a kind of aggressive early breast cancer which we scan for early in Jewish women because it only usually occurs amongst them. Therefore even tho 'Jewish' is not a race there are genetic characteristics associated with Jews. This include:

A smaller build than average for Europeans and Americans.

Dark hair and eyes.

Thick hair with a natural curl.

A slightly tanned complexion.

An aquiline nose often referred to as 'Greek' because it was regarded as a sign of nobility in ancient greece and Greek statues often have it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

There is a stereotype that has been used for many years.

There is a friend of mine who is not Jewish,but he looks just like a Nazi propaganda image of a Jew.

Over the years he has been the target of many people who think it is funny to laugh at him.

I hate bullying,of any kind

http://startheory.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/anti...

• L K
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Oh for cryin' out loud, do not listen to these people. When someone looks Jewish, it simply means the way they are dressed in their prayer shaws, caps, etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Anyone can look Jewish, doesn't necessarily mean they are.

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Jews can be of any race or ethnic group,but most Jews originate from Middle Eastern ethnic groups with an ultimately origin in Israel.I am Jewish

• 7 years ago

There is a stereotype of a Jewish nose too but it's just that...a stereotype...

• 7 years ago

Means you look Jewish.

I mean, what else could it mean?

• Feivel
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Means whoever said that has no idea what they are talking about as we all look different.

• Rue23
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

wearing the small cap thing on your head and being really smart and rich

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.