Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Atheist, Do you not love God because you do not love his commandments?

Do you go by your own set of commandments?

If so, are you saying your better than God?

Update:

Does your pride exalt that of even Jesus?

Update 2:

Don't beat around the bush Atheist, I want the Theist to see your true colors.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

I've never said that I do not love God and there is nothing wrong with the ten commandments. If God does not like the way I live, let him tell me, not you.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I don't love YOUR god or anyone elses god because as an atheist I do not believe in the existence of any deities, nor the existence of any spiritual soul. As someone who does exist, I'd say I AM better than your god, and my pride does exalt that of even YOUR cultist prophet.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, isn't pride one of the 7 deadly sins? I've heard horror stories of children being punished for being "as prideful as Lucifer" in the old days.

• 7 years ago

I do not love God for the same reason I don't love the Wizard of Oz...they are characters in story books.

My parents didn't need the Bible or the commandments to teach me right from wrong. Just because I don't believe in your fairy tale character doesn't mean that I think killing and lying and stealing and cheating and other such things are okay to do.

You might have to have threats of eternal punishment in hell in order to live your life in an ethical manner...but I do not. I live an ethical lifestyle just because I want to live a good life and be a good person...not because I expect some reward for it when I die.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Atheists can not "not love God." We don't believe god exists. It's a fictional character. Why would we have any emotion towards a fictional character.

Pop Quiz - There are 613 commandments. Can you name them all? Do you love them all? Do you follow them all? (Okay, some of them only apply in the Temple which doesn't currently exist, so you're exempt from them.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

No, its because god doesn't exist.

And yes, I go by my own set of commandments -- which come about through social interaction -- and not surprisingly, many of them are the same as "god's" commandments.

• 3 years ago

particularly God would not love sinners. Sorry yet your bible isn't the observe of God.... No 2 bibles interior the comparable language that say countless issues can the two be the observe of God. %. up a KJV

• 7 years ago

I don't love god.

I don't hate god.

I simply don't believe in him.

I do not believe god exists.

What is so hard to understand about that.

• 7 years ago

I never killed the entire earth's population with a flood.. So yea.. I'd say I'm better than God..

• 7 years ago

I exist. God doesn't. Therefore I'm better than God.

• 7 years ago

how can we be saying we are better than god

we dont believe god exists

when will you christians see that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.