Favor re-instating the "Assault Weapons Ban?" How about showing-off your firearms expertise?

See the following links: Under the Clinton "Assault Weapons Ban," one of these is a banned assault weapon and the other is a legal sporting rifle. Explain how you can tell which is which or confess you know you have no business weighing-in about gun laws.

a) http://glarp.atk.com/2009/2009_Images/LE/LE_Access...

b) http://www.pillicustomhomes.com/eshell/213/AR15-FA...

Update:

So, are you saying "the M16 A1 look alike" is the banned one or the legal one?

Update 2:

Don't let the file-names fool you. Neither one is an M-16.

Update 3:

Better detail Combat Medic, but still wrong. "Both" is not the right answer. ONE was banned under Clinton's AWB and the other specifically complies. That's how silly this was. Even pretty knowledgeable people have trouble with the details of the legislation - or more importantly, the ATF's interpretation thereof.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

I didn't even look at your videos. I think people who think banning guns will prevent mass murders are retarded. The "mentally deficient" individuals who have commied these acts in the past may have used guns because they were convient but if they weren't do you really believe they still wouldn't have found another avenue? I know for a fact you can spend 30 minutes on google and come up with hundreds of other...more effective methods. The whole argument against guns is not very well thought out.

• 7 years ago

No, what we want is a ban that isn't full of loop-holes, but one that actually bans weapons that enable people to murder dozens of people in a few seconds.

?????? Uh, WHY do you think CITIZENS have no right to express our opinion on this, or any other issue? Since you hate America and democracy, perhaps your should move to a dictatorship where it's normal to think no citizens have the right to express their opinions if they contradict YOURS, instead of destroying American democracy.

I don't have to be an expert on types of guns to know that it's insane to continue to allow anyone to buy as many weapons they intend to use to murder dozens of people quickly -- whatever they look like, or are called, etc.

Why do YOU love mass murder of small children? Have you NO conscience at all? (I know the answer to that, you clearly have no humanity whatsoever.)

Yes, THAT law was silly. That's why we need a BETTER one.

So YOU are saying that, if a person can't identify different poisons, they have no right to the opinion that poison shouldn't be dumped in drinking water? No one who has any brain at all agrees with you.

• 7 years ago

The first one seems to have a 10 round magazine, no thread for a suppressor or bayonet lugs. The second has a 30 Round magazine and lugs for a bayonet. So I think its the second one that was illegal. With the lugs removed and a lower capacity magazine it would be legal.

Source(s): Most people think ALL guns like these are full auto...just like on black ops 2 or movies they see.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I'm going to buy a bolt action .50 cal BMG sniper Rilfe with target distance and hit calculating scope. So even if theirs 50 armed thugs they still die a mile from my home

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

most of the gun grabbers have no idea what an assault weapon is. All they know is it's a gun and guns are bad. Guns kill people, you know.

• 7 years ago

the M16 A1 look alike. it is the illegal one. it has a bayonet clip, and flash suppressor

even though the sporting rifle is illegal also with that flash hider on it.

• shroud
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

the real difference is the M-16 can shoot at full auto

but if your going to start this lets talk about shot guns

did you know that adding a pistol grip like this can change a shotgun to a assault weapon

http://www.atigunstocks.com/traditional-stocks/236...

• 7 years ago

why not go direct to the point. civil war

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.