Why is Poland so religious?

My parents have a Polish background and I notice that their relatives and my Babci (grandma) are all very religious. 80% of people in Poland believe in god and 15% believe in a spirit but what I don't understand is-why? People say its because the devastation caused by WW2 and communism but look at a country... show more My parents have a Polish background and I notice that their relatives and my Babci (grandma) are all very religious. 80% of people in Poland believe in god and 15% believe in a spirit but what I don't understand is-why? People say its because the devastation caused by WW2 and communism but look at a country such as the Czech Republic. The Czechs were invaded by the Nazis and also by the communists as well as the Hungarians but Hungary is much less religious than Poland with only 49% saying they believe in a God and 31% in a spirit while only 19% of the Czechs believe in God and 50% believing in a spirit. Why is Poland so religious and nationalist????? I am of Polish background and an atheist and I don't understand, religion and nationalism were driving forces for the demolition of the entire Polish people!!!
Update: @Nya I know how much **** Poland has been through except there are other countries who have been through a large amount of hardships as well. Let's look at the Czech Republic. They went through the Austrian Empire and became part of Austro-Hungary, WW1, WW2, the holocaust, communism etc. Except they are one of... show more @Nya I know how much **** Poland has been through except there are other countries who have been through a large amount of hardships as well. Let's look at the Czech Republic. They went through the Austrian Empire and became part of Austro-Hungary, WW1, WW2, the holocaust, communism etc. Except they are one of the least religious countries in the world. Religion tends to cause more xenophobia and hatred, hopefully with not many hardships facing Poland anymore, they can become less pious.