Wanting to draw again, where do I start?

I’ve always wanted to be an artist sense I was six. I never had my mind set of what kind of artist then. I keep flip flopping between being an illustrator or a concept artist, but if my plans go as the way I want them to be then I wouldn't have to go to college because I’d be self taught and you don’t have to go to college to become a concept artist.

And when I’m older I would love to work for Bethesda…

I used to be really good at what I did. I drew something new every single day, but as school got tough and I started to have friends. I didn't have to draw because I was happy. Drawing was my escape…

Years past and as I draw now I just wanna punch myself because I let the one thing that I loved doing most slip away.

I got a new sketchbook, proper sketching pencils for Christmas and I have a drawing tablet as well.

I really want to get back at drawing, learn the basics and keep practicing is the most common suggestion, but

where do I start?

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

There was that space that you had inside of you that was filled with the desire to create.When you were drawing,time did not exist,remember? That space is in your heart,it never left you,so make a comfortable physical space in your room,maybe at your desk,that you will feel creative.I have my drawing mannikin's and pewter statues nearby,and an overhead lamp just in case.Loosen up your arm,swing that pencil lead around on some newsprint paper,give it a swirl,get the feel.If you want a beginning,work on shapes,geometrical shapes,then on shading of those shapes.not only on the shape itself but on the shadow that it throws.Once you have the circle down pat,it will make drawing a human shape that much easier.I remember drawing the human figure as a stick figure,and it took me a while before I began to fill it out,but I worked at it.If I would have done the shapes first,it might not have taken me so long.But the stick figure did help me with the skeletal structure of things, animals as well as humans.

Source(s): Personal experience.
  • Erika

you will desire to get it on your head that this is a few thing you are going to do. Make a dedication via going to an artwork shop (or the place ever artwork components are bought) and procuring a drawing pill. set aside a particular time of the day and use that factor to entice--it does not would desire to be a protracted volume of time. It takes 3 weeks, specialists let us know, to variety a habit; so, use 21 days as a objective. flow on your community library and locate some books on drawing. specifically, attempt to get excitement from it.

Youre pretty much in the same position I am in too. I was enrolled in top art classes, and as I grew up, I grew away from my passion. But if it truly is your passion, it will come back. Practice makes perfect, so keep it up!

Look into taking commissions? It will train you to practice on drawing details and give you a goal!

Source(s): me

Sorry for not personalizing my answer, but do take a second and see my answer here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgsWU...

Also, do this basic lesson:

http://www.toadhollowstudio.com/drawing_workshops/...

I hope this helps.

Try to make a new character! Use your imagination to make a person entirely up to you (: