I made cheddar potato soup (Bear Creek) and refrigerated it. How long until it goes bad?

I made cheddar potato soup (Bear Creek) and refrigerated it. It's been about a week. Since it doesn't have any meat in it will it last in the fridge longer? How long until I shouldn't eat it anymore? I sealed in in a glass container with an air tight lid. I just don't want to get sick... Thanks for the help :)

Best Answer

I love the Bear Creek products and often make their soups. I freeze the soup in individual containers and take one out for microwaving whenever I want soup. These can be kept for long periods of time.

But I think a week is too long to keep in the fridge. Heat a small amount in your microwave, smell it, taste it...see how it seems.

You probably need to throw it out. It cost less to throw out than a trip to the hospital.

Hope your new year will be a very happy one.

Most leftovers in that category of foods should be consumed within 3-4 days of refrigeration - perhaps 5-6 at the latest, if you keep the fridge at almost freeze-level temperatures (the coldest setting).

I never eat anything past 3 days. That way you know for sure you will not get sick. I suggest freezing it next time right after you make it .

You can make "Baked Potato Soup" Put cheese, bitter cream, your Francis Bacon and onion on prime. Or potato soup with scorching ham and cheese sandwiches on an onion bun. (wrap in foil and bake) MMMMMMM Thanks, you just made me hungry.

Since it contains dairy, I would not keep it no longer than a week.

Couple hours

If you're worried... eat it now! I'm sure it's fine.