promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Wanting to move to Dallas,Tx?

Me and husband and our three kids are wanting to move from Florida to Dallas. He has a job in construction and I have a job with the school. We wanted to know how much is the cost of living and how much will it cost to move since were packing ourselfs and renting a moving truck. Also, areas with high Hispanic areas to live since were both hispanic decent.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The cost of living in Dallas, Texas, is 3.6 less than it is nationally, but 6.1 percent greater than the rest of Texas. In other words, those Texans living outside the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex often suffer from sticker shock when pricing gas and food in the DFW area.

Below I have also attached a link to the zip codes within the city of Dallas with the largest percentage of Hispanic population as well as a link to the Texas Workforce Commission. As an above poster noted, "Welcome to Texas, y'all"

Also, as earlier posters have advised, you might prefer to live in a suburban area rather than in the city limits of Dallas since school districts are usually better in places like Mesquite, Frisco, Carrollton, Irving, and the Mid-Cities area, so you might need to check out the test scores for different Independent School Districts before moving: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws.graphi...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Come on down. The weather is good, may be not as good as Florida in the winter.

The cost of living is about the same, as are taxes.

How much it will cost you to move is something you need to find out by contacting the rental truck places.

There are several Hispanic neighborhoods, but you can certainly fit in a mostly white area too.

The better schools are outside the city of Dallas, as in Plano, Richardson, Coppell, Allen, Frisco, or even McKinney.

If you insist on living in a Hispanic area, then part of Oak Cliff section of Dallas will work, but the schools are not good.

There are also large percentages of Hispanics in West Dallas and Pleasant Grove but you do not want to live in those areas.

• 7 years ago

Congrats! Good choice! I moved in 2007 from St. Augustine to the DFW area. I live in Denton which I like better than dealing with Dallas. There are Hispanic folks everywhere in DFW, so wherever you go you will be welcomed.

One thing to consider, if you are buying a home, are property taxes. They are higher than FL and sometimes depend on the school district.

Good luck and WELCOME Y'ALL!

• 7 years ago

The Irving schools are good and Irving has a large Hispanic population.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

try carrollton texas nice area hispanic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.