I heard a rumor regarding next generation games capping at 30 FPS. Is that true?

Favorite Answer

According to John Carmack, co-founder of id Software, the next-gen games could cap at 30 FPS. He tweeted: "Unfortunately, I can pretty much guarantee that a lot of next gen games will still target 30 fps,

."

Well, we'll have to wait I guess. The guy who said it is a PC a**hole anyway, he's putting that out there because he wants PC to dominate with the 'Steambox' releasing, don't read into it too much... Maybe he is correct? Or maybe the developers will keep it at 30FPS even though the next console is capable..

I don't get the big deal about 30FPS, it's the standard. 60FPS in my opinion, is the furthest HD gaming will go. They'll push 60FPS easy with next gen, just don't expect let's say... The next Battlefield or Skyim, something massive to run at a constant 60FPS.

Rumour isn't synonymous for true. We'll find out when they release the consoles or a statement confirming so.