Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Why can't you libs stop being so stupid and read this AEI article?

http://www.aei.org/article/society-and-culture/fre...

Maybe now you'll finally realize the error of your ways.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

The message of the article, ultimately, is that life isn't fair. I can accept that.

• 7 years ago

The inequality our country enjoys is at the behest of the conservative push to end a 200 year old system that made our country the wealthiest most productive in the world. With changing to supply side economics and the de-regulation of wall street the inequality was enabled. Trickle down never happened. Inequality didn't happen because more and more people became lazy. On the contrary hours worked, efficiency, and production have all risen but wages have stagnated for 30 years. This road we are on economically should be called the stupid road.

• drhead
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

We do believe that we should have equal opportunity. This person is just using a strawman. He immediately fails when he said that we all end up with an equal opportunity in life. This is not true. If you were born as the daughter of a rich CEO, you probably won't ever have to work in your entire life. If you are born in a homeless family who can barely get enough to eat through the mercy of others, much less send you to college, you are much less likely to be a wealthy CEO, you'd be lucky to get any job. The problem is the class division in America. It needs to stop so there isn't just a wealthy elite lording over the working middle class.

• 7 years ago

The premise of your question hinges on the assumption that the article by Mr Brooks is so astoundingly well written that it will persuade us "stupid liberals" to abandon our ideals in favour of his conservative ideas, but, alas ... it was not. The article was both poorly conceived and clumsily executed. So, in answer to your question, I've read "this AEI article" - but I'm not about to change my opinions regarding income inequality - especially as a result of the strawman argument offered in that pathetic article.

Thank you for playing anyway.

Source(s): A very good, discerning education; I read; I listen. Sum ergo cogito.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I'm a liberal and I actually enjoy reading Arthur C. Brooks (President of AEI), I've read a couple of his books (The Road to Freedom and Who Really Cares).

He is one of the intellectual Conservatives that I respect for being aware yet I feel is inherently evil... much like Dick Cheney, Henry Kissinger or Karl Rove. Their intentions seem to be generally self-serving.

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Sounds like an elite class advocate!

It is a shame conservatives do't believe in that kind of equality!

• L.T.M.
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Good article. Sadly he underestimated that 30%.

Source(s): last election..
  • 7 years ago

Why can't you republicans talk like mature adults instead of whinny little children with petty insults.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

he's full of crap.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.