Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

Over consuming our wants ,will it ever end?

Will things change in the coming New Year/

Favorite Answer

Sky, I think this Christmas brought a lot of awareness to people. There wasn't as much money to spend this year and the holidays were still glorious. Maybe some of us has learned that all that 'consuming' is not necessary. Maybe we learned that the hugs and smiles are move valuable than the latest video game. God, I hope so.

Some individuals may change, yet, there are plenty who are not satisfied with what they already have. Many are still wanting bigger, better, different or more.

It's not even just about material things. Many over consume with sex, drinking, eating, drugs, etc... things that they don't find a problem with or see as "bad".

I don't think things will totally change for everyone until Jesus returns.

Many of us have over consumed to help "all those others" in need this year."

For "that purpose," I hope that it "NEVER" ends.

Happy New Years.

They have to. This pattern of over-consuming and overspending is definitely not sustainable in the long term.

• Jesere

There are many of us who do not "over consume"

This has been going on for over 2000 years. What makes you think its just going to go away next year?

• Sadia

Well i have stopped consuming for myself, but for others :)

If more people lived what they truly wanted the world would be a happier place,but why do that it seems to enjoy misery. Go figure.

• bet

Nope

Nope

• Trust?

identification with consumers.