Sword Art Online or BTOOOM!?

Which anime do you like better?

Favorite Answer

Sword Art Online.

There was actually a good while there where I wasn't watching Sword Art so faithfully like I had been. When I went back to catch up, I couldn't even stop.

The comedy and the romance and the ending were so perfect.

I love the storyline and the animation. It felt rushed at the beginning but after reading some of the light novels I realized they were side plots. So it didn't seem to matter as much.

I really did like BTOOOM. I love me a more mature and bloody anime. But I have to say the downer for me was when they had the bomb bounce off Himiko's tit with her little blush and moan. They seemed to avoid enough fan-pleasers until they did that and I wanted to cringe. And then it ended so abruptly and I was a bit confused by it too.

Well, I'm not particularly crazy about either, but out of those two its Sword Art Online by a mile. The story is pretty interesting and made me want more of it. I was more interested in the SAO light novels than I ever was the anime, which I bailed on due to the fact that A) the anime had an awkward beginning with all the side stories and B) the books tell the story in greater detail, with more explanation about the specifics of the game and how it functioned. They couldn't really include that in the anime since having Kirito explain game mechanics to nobody in particular would be weird, but the anime did a good job of making me want to read the novel so thats enough to say that I liked it.

BTOOOM!, oh god... When I wrote up my season outlook on an anime website I frequent I didn't even have to think before that show was firmly placed under the 'TRASH' heading, the first episode having been deleted from my hard disk not long after viewing it so that I could use that space for something more intelligent and productive, like images of cats with funny words on them. I HATED the show, which is rare for me, for various reasons.

For example, an FPS with only explosives and no direct killing capacity is a stupid idea. The main character is a moron (seriously, he's supposed to be all pro at this game and yet he dosent figure out the fact that an explosive has a timer might mean that its a timed explosive until about 10 minutes after the audience did). The director failed to build any kind of suspense. Gore was used in place of any decent writing to hook viewers...need I go on.

Errrrr~ That's really a hard choice since both are my favorite animes.

If I have to choose one, I will go with

1. Sword art online(9.0) > Btooom (8.9)

both of them is survival game-like

if I want thrill then I would choose Btooom.

But if I want some of romance-like I prefer SAO.

In the end I love both of them that I couldnt decide.. XD

But I prefer SAO I read the light novel anyway.

• cdgal

sword art online.... although I have watch neither

Btooom Light Novel