Why are Christians so boring?

Christianity spells monotony. I feel like being a Christian means not enjoying life. No premarital sex, partying, enjoying Sundays, making dirty jokes, cursing, or having any fun in general. Every Christian I've ever talked to is so monotonous and God-fearing, it's hard to be around them. Personally, the weather doesn't amuse me. Why can't they just let loose and have fun? It seems like you can't even have fun in the afterlife, try and get smashed off of that holy wine and God might kick you out on your ***.

@No Chance Without Jesus

HAHAHATATATATA *douchey pretentious laugh* Because you ARE certainly the chosen one by Jesus, right? Which makes you SOOOO much more mature and above everyone.

How elitist!

• O.o

They don't know how to party. Drinking is not wrong, as far as the Bible is concerned, it says basically don't get sloppy drunk. Profanity was something that became negative because of the Puritans, and they are SUPPOSED to enjoy Sunday's, it's supposed to be a day of REST. They can party, they just don't, because you're right, some of them can be so uptight they are just unfun and uncomfortable to be around.

I'm glad I decided not to be religious. I'm still boring though, I guess... I never drink or have been drunk... I don't usually party, but when I do, it's pretty f*cking nuts, you don't need to drink for sh*t to get crazy. I make WAY too many dirty jokes and use profanity regularly, though. Oh, and I've had premarital sex, and hope to have it again, but only with someone I care about.

I think they take everything too seriously, they interpret being good as being super uptight and not having much fun... But it's nice that they find board games and the weather so fascinating. It's sad, organized religion seems to oppress the people in it more often than not... Sometimes it's good, sometimes not at all.

Why Are Christians So Boring

• You know the wrong Christians. My non-Christian friends may describe me as many things, but boring is not one of them. For example, for my birthday I went to a gay bar with a few friends, had a few drinks, and sang karaoke until 1:30 a.m. Although that was my first time going to a gay bar, I do sometimes go to bars with friends, have a few drinks, sing, and just have fun. I would be going to concerts, but we can't really afford it. I have a wide-range of interests, from metal, to opera, to history, to philosophy, to Family Guy and South Park, to drinking cheap beer and singing karaoke... pretty much you name it, I'm into it. I can have an intellectual conversation about dystopian literature with a friend, and then turn around and laugh at things on Adult Swim, like Robot Chicken and Metalocalypse. I love all kinds of movies, love to travel, and have been to some cool places, like Paris and Munich. I'm also a huge Doctor Who fan.

I don't curse, but I don't care if other people do. I have fun every day of the week, if I can.

So like I said, you know the wrong kinds of Christians.

You must be a fairly boring person if you cannot be fun without swearing, drinking and having sex.

Drinking is not a sin, Jesus converted water to wine.

I make dirty jokes (it's not a sin to tell a dirty joke)

I go out on Sundays and have fun, have a glass of wine and chat ... hell, I even went cave crawling on a Sunday followed by a party not too long after that.

You don't need to have sex to have a good time with someone. Ever heard of a movie? A picnic? Snuggling? Ice-skating? Hiking? There is such a long list of things to do with your GF/BF

I do not fear God either.

• JayJay

I know why my Christian husband is so boring after we've had sex for half the night. His knees are wobbly and he wants to recover quickly so he can do it again. So he can't smoke or drink or get into trouble because he won't get any come night-time.

Drinking alcohol cannot be supported by Jesus turning water into wine, anymore than me standing

in my garage makes me an automobile.

Jesus came to make "all things new" Jesus turned the water into "new" wine or wine which is referred

to a fresh squeezed wine; not old wine! In the Bible days, there was NEW wine and there was OLD wine.

The OLD wine was fermented; the New wine was merely juice before it fermented. As the host said,

"...it was better!!" why? cause you could party on not pass out!!!

The Bible teaches abstinence of alcohol especially for those in Christ! It is more of the "devils brew"

than a thirst quencher. ALcohol has cause more broken homes, more lost lives, more broken bodies,

more abuse, more crime, more job losses.....than any possible good!

I am a devout Christian, but I don t need something to make me laugh. I need Christ in my life to make

me feel joy and completeness. Christians can have crazy fun without booze and sin to do it.

-Charles Baxter

children have fun being children. if adult's only means of having fun is having alcohol, that says something about you. you are too uptight to just have fun being you that you need a few beers to loosen up. RELAX. Real Christians are having a blast living life. and They do it without booze.

We have fun other ways, just being ourselves and being a family. We crack lots of jokes, and act silly. But that's how we act around family, so you don't see it. We have hobbies, and are passionate about different causes. That's how we have fun, what we find fun might not be that great to you but it's awesome to us!

Mardi gras and carnival are pretty boring so is saint Patrick's day... Christmas no fun there... Easter isn't fun either.

Source(s): Almost everything that you consider fun in our culture was foundationaly created by Christians and often at a feast day celebration. Unless you are into crime, that predates Christianity. You know with the wrong Christians
    • Benjamin4 years agoReport

What you said could not be further from the truth. Christmas and Easter were created as substitute holidays for Roman pagan holidays. U may be right about st patricks day though.

if you need pre maritial sex booze and cursing to have a fun time than you might want to consider asking why you are so boring