Do sociopaths/psychopaths/narcissists, realize how stupid they really are?

Of course I understand sociopaths/psychopaths/narcissists, etc... put all in their time and energy into playing harassing games with their victims for the sole purpose of scaring their victims and getting the satisfaction out of that. I used to feel this way with my attacker. But over time I have realized that this is simply a game to scare and intimidate... and my attacker always makes sure not to cross the lines legally. This has gone on for so long, and yet my attacker continues playing the same games and doing the same things to try and harass and intimidate me with. Because this has gone on for so long, it is now comical more than anything, and no longer scary. If they are so intelligent and think they are superior to normal people, why don't they see how stupid and ridiculous they look when they continue putting this much time and energy into childish and immature games, especially when they are no longer working anymore? Not complaining... thank goodness they are stupid this way... which gives us normal ones the upper han and a step ahead of these toxic people. And do they ever see that they are in the perdicaments that they're in because of their own poor decisions?

• Kyle
    Best Answer

How are you so certain this person is a sociopath/psychopath/narcissist? Are you just assuming they have AntiSocial Personality Disorder or Narcissistic Personality Disorder? Were they officially diagnosed? Not all psychopaths or sociopaths are super intelligent, however they may act like they are. Those who are super intelligent will most likely be CEOs or Crime-Bosses and would be in position of doing you actual physical harm. The non-intelligent, or 'stupid' ones are the ones that play mind-games with the same people over and over because they lack the influence to gain more victims.

Congratulations by the way, you learned to outsmart a sociopath/psychopath/narcissist by acting like you are offended, or feeding false information because that is what they act on. However, do not assume all of one group are the same because of your experience with one. A real psychopath or sociopath would not feel anything if they killed you, and would in a heartbeat if they found that they can do so without consequence.

I think your answer may differ depending on whether you are dealing with a narcissist or a psychopath. Psychopathy is a kind of learning disorder, where the afflicted can't really learn from their mistakes. That's why most prisons make inmates take the HARE TEST before allowing them to go on parole. High scores mean the inmate is a psychopath, and is extremely likely to re-offend. So no, I don't think psychopaths know how stupid they are, they are more likely to blame people around them when things go wrong.

Should you be dealing with a Narcissist, it is a little different. Narcissist have trouble learning from their mistakes, but they also live off something called Narcissistic Supply, which usually comes in the form of attention from others. This attention can be either negative or positive, as long as it is ongoing. If you are reacting to the "stupid" and "ridiculous" behavior of a Narcissist, you are invariantly also feeding into their Narcissistic Supply. Even being infamous or hated is satisfying on some level to an N, they usually though fits if their behavior is downplayed or ignored.

• bines

Sure, it takes self-awareness to know you're silly. It takes a multi-layered considering sort to have self-cognizance. It takes the ability to keep many simultaneous suggestions immediately to have a multi-layered pondering sort. Intelligence is the capacity to preserve many simultaneous suggestions at any given second. Left-brained sensible people can do that to solve math problems. Proper-brained shrewd men and women can do that and, in doing it, prove that they're much extra smart than shiny left-brained people. The entire professions, and thus the entire world, is run via clever left-brained humans. Hence, nothing ever changes and we're perpetually left saying that the sector normally had issues and consistently will.