What proof and evidence can atheists provide that proves atheism is true?

I ask this as there is a debate today and the Christian is going to ask this to the atheist.

What proof and evidence can an atheist provide that proves atheism is accurate and correct and true?

Best Answer

None whatsoever. I cannot prove that I, personally, do not believe in any gods, nor can anyone prove that, nor can anyone prove that they DO believe. Such things as personal beliefs are beyond proof.

Why on earth would i need proof of my non belief? Have you ever been asked to prove that Santa doesn't exist? It is up to the person making the positive claim to provide proof..... if I claim I have a invisible dragon living under my bed is it up to you to prove it doesn't exist or accept that it is real? No it would be up to me to prove it's existance or you are not going tt believe in it.... Same thing with the christians, it is up to them to prove their invisible god or I am not going to believe in it.

This argument is called shifting the burden of proof. The atheist is not making an extraordinary claim. We claim that the world which is observable is all that there is because there is no evidence of anything else. The Christian claims there is more than the observable universe. It therefore falls to the Christian to provide evidence.

lol

If someone were to ask me such a question I'd simply state that as I've never experienced the presence of God and no one has ever offered verifiable evidence that they've experienced his presence, I have no logical reason to believe in God. And if it were then presented to me that God speaks to those who believe in him, etc., I'd then ask the one presenting that statement whether God also speaks to to the people who say that he told them to murder their own children, and if not, how is one to know that he did not? In short, how is one to know a "true" instance of God speaking to a believer and a "false" one?

And then it would probably be stated that God is love, etc. and at that point I'd ask how the responder came by this knowledge given that there are instances in the bible where God himself orders people killed or kills them. Is the responder not in fact ascribing characteristics to God that he wishes to be true about God in spite of the fact that there's no evidence that God, if he exists, has these characteristics?

And finally I'd tie this all together by pointing out that in every single instance, the believer is relying on what they want to believe as being "truth" and that God and everything said about him is a product of human imagination.

I think you're asking how can an atheist prove that god doesn't exist.

Think of it this way... do you believe flying pink unicorns exist? Like, you do not. Why do you believe they don't exist? Well, those arguments will be the same reasons why the atheist doesn't believe a god or gods exist.

But, can you PROVE flying pink unicorns exist? No. Logically, you can't prove a negative. And, that's the same reason why an atheist can't prove a god doesn't exist.

You don't prove the negative.

Ask the christian to show how they have dismissed the other 2048 gods that have been worshiped on this planet in favor of their god and the Christian will have the answer to their own question.

The fact that no fundie has ever produced any evidence of a deity makes atheism an absolute.

Why? We are not alleging any stories. If you go to the police with a story the facts of the story must be proven. But if you go and say I saw nothing, I know nothing, I heard nothing and believe nothing happened there is nothing to prove or disprove. The onus is on the medieval, primitive, story teller of religious mumbo jumbo to try to prove stuff not on atheists.

Copying ShockofGod makes you look ridiculous. That question has as much meaning to it as "What proof do you have that leprechauns don't exist?"

• punch

So I'm supposed to prove to you, That I really don't have a belief in God? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?