Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

Does CIA SAD recruit from MARSOC or MSOB?

I want to be a tier one operator. I know it sounds a little stupid and far fetched but I'm a freshman in high school so I need to decide what branch I want to join. I'm in the marine corps jrotc. I want to be a marine, but the thing is they don't really have the special operations like SEALs or SFOD-D. So me wanting to be a tier 1 operator thats not a high chance. I heard that the CIA SAD recruits from special operations in the military. But do they recruit from the marines or just like the army, navy, and air force? I also want to be a navy seal and be apart of DEVGRU. Thats if SAD doesn't recruit from the marines.

I know wanting to be a tier one operator is extremely difficult and I could except the fact if I dont become one or get the chance to be one. So I dont need anybody telling me how hard it is or the chances are very slim. I get that.

Just try to answer the 1st paragraph as best as you can please.

Favorite Answer

Tier One (JSOC), MARSOC, and the CIA are three completely different things.

The SEALs and SFOD-D are wildly different units that can't be compared, and the former has nothing to do with JSOC.

And it is currently not possible for a prior-service Marine to join the Navy, let alone the SEAL program. If for whatever reason we stop cutting personnel, this may change, but not likely in the near future.

The majority of SAD recruits actually come from Army SF, not the JSOC components, for two reasons. Firstly, there are a lot more SF operators than there are members of the ISA, 24-STS, ACE (formerly Delta) and DEVGRU, and more importantly, because the nature of SF's missions are more in-line with what the CIA's area of expertise is- infiltration, unconventional warfare/operations, clandestine services, etc. But to answer your basic question, yes, the CIA -could- recruit a Marine special operator if they see fit. A Marine with extensive experience in UW or FID (the latter being the primary role of the MSOR currently) would be a decent candidate.

Generally, after people read, "I want to be a tier one operator. I know it sounds a little stupid and far fetched but I'm a freshman in high school so I need to decide what branch I want to join", they stop reading or taking you seriously.

First work on graduating high school.

Then work on becoming a Marine.

And good luck on becoming a SEAL as a Marine.

No sorry. Although marines are elite conventional forces there special operations are trash when compared to SEALs

• Yeah good luck with that mate hope you've got the fitness of an Olympic trial hopeful.

Your in Marine Corps. JROTC and you don't know to capitalize Marine?

Source(s): USMC Poolee