Should The Rock win the WWE Championship or should CM Punk retains the WWE Championship at RR'13?

First of all, I have to say that this match is a dream match for most of us here. But with a 400 days and counting ticking on Punk's side, is WWE going to benefit if The Rock wins at RR'13? In my opinion, yes and no. Before some of you bash me, I just let you know that this is just my opinion. On the... show more First of all, I have to say that this match is a dream match for most of us here. But with a 400 days and counting ticking on Punk's side, is WWE going to benefit if The Rock wins at RR'13? In my opinion, yes and no. Before some of you bash me, I just let you know that this is just my opinion.

On the yes part, The Rock is a star booster machine. He can generate a lot of viewers and this can help WWE boost up ratings during the Road to Wrestlemania(RTWM) where WWE normally put most of the best storylines in place. WWE have been getting poor ratings for the last 2 months and so, this is a great chance for WWE to redeem those ratings back. By having The Rock win the WWE Championship, it can make CM Punk a more legitimate star as well. Some of you think CM Punk is a legend or he can draw ratings very well but in fact, CM Punk haven't reached the level of the likes of John Cena, The Rock, Triple H and Undertaker as well as a few more wrestlers. Thus, having The Rock beat Punk at RR, there is no disappointment but more honor to Punk instead. Also having The Rock faces one of the longest WWE Champion in WWE history can bring the attention of John Cena.

On the No side, I don't see a need for The Rock to win the WWE Championship as he is a part time wrestler and he also have a career of his own outside of wrestling. True, he came back to entertain all of us before he hangs up his boots and call it a career. The Rock will not be at house shows and most house shows normally have the WWE Champion in the matches(until Punk's injury). Not only house shows but live events such as Raw on every Monday. It will be quite weird to see the WWE Champion absent frequently from Raw during the RTWM season. Having CM Punk lose to a part time wrestler will give an image that WWE is not trusting in CM Punk despite having a 400+ days reign as WWE Champion. I agree the fact that Punk cannot draw ratings like before during the "Summer of Punk" and thus the only way for Punk to get back those ratings is to beat The Rock and Punk can be billed as the current "legends" in PG period by WWE. And to be honest, I rather see a full time wrestler hold the WWE Championship than a part time wrestler. I am not hating The Rock but it just don't make sense to put the title on The Rock at RR where there are a lot of scenarios for The Rock to be in at WM 29.

My prediction on The Rock vs CM Punk at RR'13: I have to say The Rock wins the match via DQ thus allowing CM Punk to retain the WWE Championship.

Personally, if WWE does this, there is more branches that WWE can do from here. WWE can have Brock Lesnar screws The Rock during the WWE Championship match which leads to The Rock vs Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 29. However, the downside of this is that the storylines are pretty much limited as John Cena will have nothing to do at WM 29. Let's say if WWE decides to have Punk vs Taker AND Brock vs Rock at WM 29. It is literally getting rid of Cena from WM 29 which something WWE would NEVER do.

In similar scenario(if we didn't have Lesnar interferes), The Rock can look great in the outcome of the match and CM Punk doesn't need to lose the title in the case which can also lead to a rematch at a future PPV(Like WM 29) because CM Punk escapes from The Rock at RR'13 and WWE can give a reason why The Rock deserve another title at the grandest stage of them all. While we are this stage, WWE can also bring in John Cena into the mix by having him win some sort of a Elimination Chamber Number 1 Contender match or the Royal Rumble match. At this rate, WWE can literally end two great storylines in just one match at WM 29. It can bring Rock and Cena again in the ring with Punk in the match as well which wouldn't destroy the prestige of the "Once in a Lifetime" match back at WM 28.

What are your thoughts on who should win and why?