Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

is it normal to feel sad for no reason ?

sometimes i just feel sad for no reason ,is this a normal thing ,do you ever feel sad for no reason ?

Favorite Answer

One possible reason why sadness occurs: at some subconscious level of your interest, you are intending/desiring to do something, and you are not doing so on the outer. The sadness arises from that.

Semi-sources: Emotions, Marilyn Barrick, http://www.spiritualpsychology.com

http://www.mindpub.com/art028.htm

I think it is perfectly normal to feel sad for no reason. Some TV shows and pop-culture have lead us to believe that we have to be 'shiny happy people' all the time, but this is not the case... not at all.

(In saying that, there are a lot more songs about heart-ache/anger/negative emotions compared to positive stuff).

I guess it depends how long you feel sad for. If it's for AGES and you find that you're not able to get out of the rut, you might want to look at what's making you feel that way.... but try not to worry too much about it.. just go with the flow.

I also find that, when I'm feeling down, I like to write what I'm feeling. Reflection can be a good thing.

Source(s): My brain.

It is not possible to feel sad for no reason. There is always a reason.

It is, however, normal enough not to know the reason at the time, or perhaps ever.

It's possible that sub-consciously you remember something sad that has happened in your past, or currently thinking of a sad thought/memory sub-consciously.

Or, sometimes there are just days when we feel sad. Sometimes it's just a gray day outside and I'm just at home and I'll feel kinda sad.

Hope I helped :)

I've had bulimia, melancholy and nervousness however i take tablets for them now, it could get like that if no longer dealt with properly. If you're in a teen state of intellect then it's ordinary but you must consider seeing someone anyways Most teenagers that expierence it'll grow out of it however some do not and it will get really unhealthy. It can additionally run in households. My mother, two sisters and brother have all been depressed.

Absolutly, I always find my way being upset for no reason.

Because of our chemical environment I would say it is normal .

• Trust?

identification with therapists.