Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 years ago

I want to know about Delta?

I know we have a few military guys on here, so tell me all about SFOD-D. I've read "The Mission, The Men, and Me: Lessons from a Former Delta Force Commander" and have read several articles about Delta Selection, Delta training, all of that jazz. I just want to know What is Delta? What makes them different from Special Forces, Seals, Spetnaz, Israeli Special Forces, Marine Recon, all of the elite Military Units. What gives Delta that sort of aura about it? Knowing that they are the top of the top.

Merry Christmas!

I don't want the truth or any BS stories. Maybe just first hand experiences or "Hey, that guy's Delta and he told me this story"

Favorite Answer

For one, they've changed their name at least twice over the last decade or so, so you're going to have a hard time finding current, let alone accurate information on them. They are currently known as ACE.

They're the Army's most specialized counter-terrorism special operations force, and one of the four components to JSOC, along with Navy DEVGRU, Army ISA, and Air Force 24th STS.

@ George: SEAL Team Six (now DEVGRU) does not send its members to ACE selection. ALL members- past, present and future are recruited from the Army.

What you've read is about all that's known to the public. I can almost guarantee that nobody on an online forum has any 1st hand experiences working with ACE.

You have read all there is to tell. They are a secret anti terrorist outfit. Unlike the others they have a non battlefield role.

You really think that you are gonna get the truth? Those guys are sworn to secrecy. anyone who gets on here and tries to say otherwise is a goddamn liar.

Only the best of seal team six can join, that should tell you enough about their level