Steam gift card redemption help?

I am trying to activate a steam gift card i just got for Christmas, but whenever i type in the code and click "continue", it says this: "An unexpected error has occurred. Your code could not be redeemed at this time.

Please contact Steam Support."

this has been happening all morning, and I have double checked the code 5 times and I have tried replacing the "0"s with "o"s. I made sure all the letters are in caps, but still nothing. Anyone know what has been going on?

Favorite Answer

Follow the forum. Steam is working on it. Next time you have issues, go to the Steam forums first. Obviously you're not alone (I am having the problem, thus how I found this post), so check at the source first, since they're likely to be working on the solution.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.p...

Steam Gift Card Not Working

im having this problem too, i got a $50 gift card for christmas and i get the same error. i believe its because there servers are being slow because everyones buying stuff and redeeming gift cards on steam. being gamers we dont have much patience for these kinds of things haha but in this case we dont really have a choice. id wait till tomorrow. if it lets me put my code in ill come back to your question and tell you that its working again.

Merry christmas!

I am having the same issue, it is really a pain, as I have $100 I really want to spend on games but I can't!

Its probably just their servers being overloaded, but gamers don't want to have this happen to them especially during a time-based sale.

i cant believe it, im having the same error and its very frustrating!!! im trying posting stuff everywhere ot get some help! i thought i was the only one