Jehovah's Witness can you describe the Birth of Jesus Christ and how he was conceived?

Can you show us where the life force of Michael was placed in the womb? In order to fulfill Isaiah 7:14 should it not be changed from Immanuel means God with us to Immanuel means Michael the archangel with us?

Update:

Mom C - if giving you the truth is being rude then I am down right rude as I can be. You ask "We can only tell you what the Bible says. Why is it so hard to believe that Jesus is Michael? He was in heaven with his father. He was the first born of all creation.

This is the part that somehow you guys can't comprehend is what you just stated. We can only tell you what the Bible says. That is a false statement. No where in the Bible does it ever state that Michael and Jesus are one and the same. No where in the Bible does it ever say that Jesus is an angel. No where in the Bible does it ever say that Michael is the firstborn of creation. Michael is "one of the Chief princes" so he is one of more like him. So by giving you Biblical truth, does that mean I am rude or is it the fact that you do not like the truth? I am glad you have read my questions and answers. You will also see that all my answers come from the Bible and I quote the Bible many many times. Wha

Update 2:

Mom C - the real word in Isaiah 9: 6-7

6 For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 Of the greatness of his government and peace

there will be no end.

He will reign on David’s throne

and over his kingdom,

establishing and upholding it

with justice and righteousness

from that time on and forever.

The zeal of the Lord Almighty

will accomplish this.

not princely rule, the government, he will be a King of Kings. This is why your concept of a bible is so bad!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

According to their booklet 'What Does The Bible Really Teach?' on pages 218 and 219 they claim that "the Bible indicates that Michael is another name for Jesus Christ, before and after his life on earth."

Speaking about the conception of Jesus, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe the life-force of Michael the Archangel was “transferred to Mary’s egg cell by Almighty God’s power.” This meant that “Michael disappeared from heaven. By human birth from Mary, the Jewish virgin, he was to become a human soul.” (God’s Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing, 1974, pages 137-138)

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the Hebrew word ‘ru’ach’ (Greek equivalent ‘pneuma’) translated as spirit, can mean the impersonal life force in living creatures. “It does not have a will of its own or retain the personality or any of the characteristics of the deceased individual.” (Mankind’s Search For God, 1990, pages 153-154) “Thus even the Son of God provided testimony to the effect that the spirit is an impersonal life force.” (Awake! 8 August 1972, pages 27-28)

By virtue of their own belief that the spirit or life-force is impersonal and does not have a will or a personality, they have shot themselves in the foot, spiritually speaking. Their claim that “Michael disappeared from heaven” and “became a human soul” in the form of Jesus, the man, is untenable. Regarding the second part of your question, Jehovah’s Witnesses say that Jesus’ body disappeared and Jehovah recreated Michael the archangel, who was resurrected as a spirit and ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of Jehovah.

The Bible says that the Son of God came to earth as Jesus, the man, that it was Jesus who was put to death and who was resurrected, having been given a transformed body of flesh and bones fit for heaven. No mere archangel is the Word, the One and Only, the eternal Son of God. “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth… No-one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known” (John 1:14, 18). It was Jesus who came to earth in human form and it was Jesus who was resurrected.

The link below gives information on how Michael the Archangel is viewed in Jewish and Islamic faiths (GT):

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

It is widely known now that Xmas is not the actual day of Jesus's Birth. It was likely earlier, read more on this. It was already a holiday for the Pagan Sun God, it was just incorporated into Constantine's efforts to unite all the faiths. If Jehovah had intended it to be important, we would have been given an exact date, such as that of his death. Just saying. There's a lot of prejudice on this site, just saying!

• Lynne
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Every Verse that calls Jesus the 'only begotten' The greek translated as 'only begotten' literally means "only generated" or only created. Look up the word begotten in an english dictionary and you will find "to be brought to life" Col 1:15, Rev 3:14, Prov 8:22 are a few more. John 1:18, the only begotten god, or created god. .

• I Try
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

The JW's cannot understand your question is about Michael being implanted in Mary and not Christ.

Christ was foretold in Isiah called Emmanuel which according to God means "God with us".

The name Michael has not been given a meaning from God but in Hebrew it means "Like God".

How the JW's can believe that God told us all about the Christ and how He would be the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. but God would really mean it was some second class archangel is beyond me.

Isiah clearly shows that Christ is the Mighty God and yet they want to say He is just an angel.

Christians are called Christians because they follow Christ, JW's don't even want to call Him Christ, just some war mongering leader of the army of God's angels, Michael.

Clearly JW's cannot be even thought of as Christian in any way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Matthew 1:18

I will quote Luke just for emphasis but still look it up in your bible. The scriptures clearly describe how Jesus was concieved given the fact that Mary was having no intercourse. Clearly this came about as a miracle performed by God by means of holy spirit.

Luke 1:30-31-"So the angel said to her: “Have no fear, Mary, for you have found favor+ with God; and, look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus."

verse 34-35-"But Mary said to the angel: “How is this to be, since I am having no intercourse with a man?” In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. For that reason also what is born will be called holy, God’s Son."

Source(s): Bible
  • 7 years ago

The Bible does not give details of how Jesus was conceived except that he was miraculously conceived by his virgin mother by means of holy spirit. We probably could not understand the method even if we were told. Our knowledge of science is not advanced enough.

(Luke 1:28-35) And when he went in before her he said: “Good day, highly favored one, Jehovah is with you.”

29 But she was deeply disturbed at the saying and began to reason out what sort of greeting this might be.

30 So the angel said to her: “Have no fear, Mary, for you have found favor with God;

31 and, look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus.

32 This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father,

33 and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.” 34 But Mary said to the angel: “How is this to be, since I am having no intercourse with a man?” 35 In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. For that reason also what is born will be called holy, God’s Son.

Source(s): Bible
  • 7 years ago

No problem as Doctors are able to implant human life into a women. No problem for Jehovah either.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jesus’ Birth—How and Why It Happened

“IMPOSSIBLE!” Many non-Christians would say this upon hearing the story about the birth of Jesus. They feel that it is unscientific to believe that a virgin girl could conceive and give birth to a son without the aid of a human father. What do you think?

In 1984, The Times of London published a letter that reasoned on this matter, stating: “It is not logically valid to use science as an argument against miracles. To believe that miracles cannot happen is as much an act of faith as to believe that they can happen.” The letter was signed by 14 professors of science in British universities. They said: “We gladly accept the virgin birth, the Gospel miracles, and the resurrection of Christ as historical events.”

Yet, it is understandable for a person to be puzzled when first exposed to the story of Jesus’ virgin birth. Jesus’ own virgin mother was puzzled when God’s angel said: “Look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus.” In reply, Mary asked: “How is this to be, since I am having no intercourse with a man?” The angel then explained that God would perform this miracle by means of His holy spirit, adding: “With God no declaration will be an impossibility.” (Luke 1:31, 34-37) Surely the One who created the amazing process of human reproduction could also cause the conception and birth of Jesus from a chaste virgin. If God created the universe and its finely tuned laws, he could also use an egg cell from Mary’s ovary to produce a perfect human Son.

• 7 years ago

It is more credible to believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel than to believe that God is a man.( that is pure blasphemy ) Numbers 23:19

• 7 years ago

Good question, and I would imagine hard for a JW to answer do their lack of acceptance of the Holy Spirit.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I don't think they believe in Jesus since they're forbidden to celebrate Christmas

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.