Atheists: which one do you prefer? There is an afterlife or there is no afterlife?

• Miguel
    Favorite Answer

you mean the afterlife that all you do its pray to god and worship him,24/7?..... Eternal nothingness, please.

If the afterlife is the afterlife created by the psychotics of the bible or the quran I dearly hope there is no afterlife. If there is an afterlife created by something intelligent then I will look forward to it.

If it's the heaven afterlife, that sounds pretty good man.

However, I've answered these a lot. Believing is not a conscious choice, I can't go, wow! That looks like fun and believe. I'd only want to believe.

That's why I cannot start a religion. It'd be fun to start a only loving religion. More love you spread, the happier our god is, the happier you are in heaven. No hell in the afterlife, those who die with little to no love will just be reincarnated.

If the afterlife was immortal but still permits a means of escaping existence if you want to (eg: suicide) then I would take that gladly, yes.

If the afterlife takes the form of reincarnation, I would also take that, provided again that there was a way to 'break the chain' if I wanted to.

• jetta

i desire there is an afterlife decrease than those situations: a million. it is not HELL. 2. i don't be attentive to it exists till i'm there; hence it won't influence my existence in any way. 3. i can choose for to end it on each occasion i choose for, and it fairly is genuinely not complicated like suicide. it is going to easily be a decision. yet in any different case, because it fairly is now, the considered having no afterlife would not rather worry me. My existence is high-quality because it fairly is and that i've got not got any significant regrets.

Sounds boring honestly. What exactly would you do to keep yourself interested forever? Maybe a temporary afterlife where you get to have as much fun as you would like then blink out of existence at will.

Well the Christian and Muslim versions of the afterlife, with no real freedom of choice or challenges, strike me as a more subtle type of Hell. Reincarnation appeals to me as I like being human, but it's all wishful thinking anyway.

I would prefer an afterlife of endless fantastic sex and beer.

Reality, however, is a different thing.

Depends on what you consider as an afterlife.

If one is an atheist and one has really gone into what is reality, then one will realize that in order to eliminate the concept of a creator god, one must necessarily posit countless lives. Beginingless!

I like your name. Religion to rational. Actually religion leads to spirituality. Spirituality leads to reality. And reality leads to oneness with all.

Reincarnation might be interesting (but only if you could remember and learn from your mistakes), anything else just sounds like eternal torture and is not something to be welcomed.