I have this awful cough, could it be bronchitis?

Okay, so I have this cough that won't quit. I feel the constant need to cough, and my throat is becoming sore because of it. It literally feels like I have a thick layer of mucus in my throat that won't go away. As far as I know I don't have a fever, and the coughing is worse when I lay down. I really don't want to ask my parents to go to the doctor because 1. It's Christmas Eve, and I know people really don't want to be working. (I'd feel bad keeping them away from their families) 2. I don't want them to pay money if it just turns out to be a cold. I had bronchitis before, and it feels the same this time except milder. Please help, I don't want to be sick for Christmas! (BTW Merry Christmas!)

Favorite Answer

Well, in this case you have to get some cough syrup and maybe doing one thing. Get yourself a hot bath with all ingredients inside for a cold, than drink a hot cup of fruit tea with 2 small spoons full of honey inside and go to bed. Most probably you start to sweat a lot, but in the morning you should be fine.

Even swallowing honey is helpful, because honey is a good home remedy against this..