I really need some good albums?

I want to listen to more music and really havent got into rock. And I was wondering what are your favorite albums?

I want the lyrics to be meaningful

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well i have many albums depending on the genre:

Alternative Metal: Ænima by Tool, Self-titled album by System Of A Down, Koi Noi Yokan by Deftones.

Alternative Rock: Automatic For The People by R.E.M., OK Computer by Radiohead, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco, Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins

Art Pop: Hounds of Love by Kate Bush.

Art Punk: Marquee Moon by Television

Art Rock: The Velvet Underground & Nico by The Velvet Underground, A Night at the Opera by Queen.

Atmospheric Sludge Metal: Panopticon by Isis.

Avant-Garde Jazz: The Black Saint & The Sinner Lady by Charles Mingus, A Love Supreme by John Coltrane.

Baroque Pop: Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys.

Chamber Pop - Illinois by Sufjan Stevens.

Contemporary Folk: Pink Moon by Nick Drake.

Cybergrind: Dead Mountain Mouth by Genghis Tron.

Dance-Punk: Sound Of Silver by LCD Soundsystem.

Deathcore: The Discovery by Born Of Osiris, Exoplanet by The Contortionist.

Deathgrind: Monolith of Inhumanity by Cattle Deacapitation.

Dream Pop: Souvlaki by Slowdive.

Folk Rock: Highway 61 Revisited by Bob Dylan, After the Gold Rush by Neil Young.

Funk Rock: Maggot Brain by Funkadelic, Blood Sugar Sex Magic by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Gothic Rock: Disintegration by The Cure.

Grindcore: World Downfall by Terrorizer.

Grunge: Dirt by Alice In Chains.

Hard Rock: Led Zeppelin IV by Led Zeppelin, Back In Black by AC/DC.

Hardcore Punk: Milo Goes To College by Descendents, Jane Doe by Converge, Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables by Dead Kennedy's, Zen Arcade by Hüsker Dü.

Heavy Metal: Powerslave by Iron Maiden, Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Van Halen's Self-titled album.

Indie Rock: The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse, You're Living All Over Me by Dinosaur Jr., Perfect From Now On by Built to Spill, In the Aeroplane Over Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel, Funeral by Arcade Fire.

Jazz Rock: Hot Rats by Frank Zappa.

Krautrock: Tago Mago by Can.

Mathcore: Calculating Infinity by The Dillinger Escape Plan, We are The Romans by Botch. Mongrel by The Number Twelve Looks Like You.

Metalcore: The Opposite of December by Poison The Well, Desperate Living by Horse The Band, All We Love We Leave Behind by Converge.

Neo-Psychedelia: The Soft Bulletin by The Flaming Lips.

New Wave: Remain In Light by Talking Heads.

Noise Rock: Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth.

Post-Hardcore: Relationship of Command by At The Drive-In, Coloring Book by Glassjaw, The Always Open Mouth by Fear Before The March Of The Flames, Fake History by letlive.

Post-Punk: Chairs Missing by Wire, Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, Turn On The Bright Lights by Interpol.

Post-Rock: Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven! by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Waking Season by Caspian, Ágætis byrjun by Sigur Rós.

Progressive Death Metal: Still Life by Opeth.

Progressive Folk: First Utterance by Comus, Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull.

Progressive Metal: Metropolis Pt. 2 : Scenes From A Memory by Dream Theater, Lateralus by Tool, Crack The Skye by Mastodon, The Parallax II: Future Sequences by Between The Buried And Me.

Progressive Rock: Meddle by Pink Floyd, In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson, Moving Pictures by Rush, De-Loused in the Comatorium by The Mars Volta.

Psychedelic Rock: Disraeli Gears by Cream, The Doors self-titled album, Are You Experienced? by The Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Punk Rock: Rocket to Russia by Ramones, London Calling by The Clash, ...And Out Come The Wolves by Rancid.

Rap Metal: Rage Against The Machine's self-titled.

Rock: Abbey Road by The Beatles, Beggars Banquet by The Rolling Stones, Rumor's by Fleetwood Mac.

Roots Reggae: Exodus by Bob Marley & The Wailers.

Shoegaze: Loveless by My Bloody Valentine.

Ska Punk: Energy by Operation Ivy, Sublime's self-titled.

Skate Punk: Smash by The Offspring.

Sludge Metal: Leviathan by Mastodon, Red Album by Baroness.

Stoner Metal: Dopesmoker by Sleep.

Stoner Rock: Welcome to Sky Valley by Kyuss.

Symphonic Prog: Close To The Edge by Yes, Selling England By The Pound by Genesis.

Technical Death Metal: Symbolic by Death.

Thrash Metal: Rust In Peace by Megadeth, Master of Puppets by Metallica, Reign in Blood by Slayer.

Trip-Hop: Dummy by Portishead, Mezzanine by Massive Attack.

That should be enough to keep you busy for a long time :)

Source(s): A little bit of my musical library.
  • 8 years ago

You Me At Six- Stay With Me

Us From Outside- Smile Princess You're Perfect

WeAreGiant- Beneath This The Light Sleeps

Approaching Skylight- Why All the Hostility and Hide And Seek

Periphery- Captain On

Volumes- Edge Of The Earth

• 8 years ago

Dookie - Green Day

London Calling - The Clash

Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

Rancid - Out Come the Wolves

Operation Ivy - Energy

REM - Out Of Time

Source(s): Some I consider absolute classics
  • buddha
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

final Album: L.A. woman - The doors modern Album: each physique is unusual - The doors next Album: uncertain yet i might hear to My commonly used issues with the help of John Coltrane BQ: on no account. Lol we actual have not got any donut shops over right here, so a techniques as i be attentive to. BQ2: i'm a huge Stephen King fan yet i've got not got around to reading that yet. From what i've got heard, it sounds like it is going to be a reliable study. BQ3: i don't be attentive to that music.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Funeral For A Friend - Tales don't tell themselves

Saves the day - Can't Slow down

Saves the day - Through being cool

Neverstore - Heroes wanted

Nations Afire - The ghosts we will become

Self Deception - Over the threshold

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.