how do i connect my 2001 power mac G4 desktop computer to my new emerson flat screen tv?

I have a 2001 power mac g4 desktop computer model M8493. My mac is the older single processor, 733 mhz, 1.5 gb. The tv I want to connect it to is an emerson 26" hdtv model LC260EM2. On the back of my mac tower there is a vga port, a dvi-1 port, and what looks like another via port but twice as large. My tv has an hdmi 2 port as well as a usb port. What would I need to use my tv as a monitor?

Favorite Answer

You can get a DVI to HDMI adapter cable...

http://www.amazon.com/PTC-Mini-DVI-Adapter-6ft-Mac...

but check it is the right connection at the DVI end as there are variations.

The G4 Power Mac should have a GeForce2 MX graphics card which will give you 1920 x1200 and so should be OK with the TV but you may need separate audio cables if you want sound from the TV too.

i've got have been given 2 G4's - an audio and a reflected tension door and the two are on OS X 10.4 Tiger without problems in any respect. The audio did no longer have a DVD rom, so I had to deliver interior the Tiger DVDs for CDs - the reflected tension door has a DVD so now problem without of the field setting up.

use a vga cable exactly like you would connect a monitor but just a tv