My hair wont dye back. Hair color. Hair Dye. Hair Help!?

So I was in a play. And They asked me to dye my hair darker. I told them okay. I am naturally a blonde. They wanted a really dark dark brown color. So I dyed it a really really dark brown color. It almost looked black. After a few weeks you could tell it wasn't black but it was still DARK! Well the play is over... show more So I was in a play. And They asked me to dye my hair darker. I told them okay. I am naturally a blonde. They wanted a really dark dark brown color. So I dyed it a really really dark brown color. It almost looked black. After a few weeks you could tell it wasn't black but it was still DARK! Well the play is over and i tried dyeing my hair a lighter brown. It didn't change at all. So i tired again last night and it looks like 1 shade lighter and at the roots it looks Little lighter. I didn't wanna let it grow out. But it wont change. Like I have dyed it 2 within 3 weeks. Im not really feeling this dark hair anymore. I am following the directions. I dye my mothers hair for her, I know what to do. But this i dint. It just wont lighten it. Is there something I should/can do?
Update: Yesterday night I used Loreal Paris, Feria Hi-Lift Brown. The box on the top says"Exclusively for dark hair" And shows before as really dark hair almost like mine now. And after as the light golden brown color. Its a B61 cooler? Everyone is telling me to bleach it then dye it back? But this box shows that... show more Yesterday night I used Loreal Paris, Feria Hi-Lift Brown. The box on the top says"Exclusively for dark hair" And shows before as really dark hair almost like mine now. And after as the light golden brown color. Its a B61 cooler? Everyone is telling me to bleach it then dye it back? But this box shows that I dont have too, but it didnt work the first time. So I should go bleach it then dye it back original