Why do they often cast a very old actor to play James Bond?

I means why woman are so Interest in an old man? I means there no why that a young woman could falls for a old spy?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Shay
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of the actors that have played James Bond where not old when they played the part.

Sean Connery was in his early 30's when he was Bond.

Pierce Brosnan was in his early 40's when he was Bond.

Daniel Craig was 38 when he started his role as Bond. He is still considered the current "Bond".

George Lazenby was only 30 when he was Bond.

Timothy Dalton was in his early 40's when he was Bond.

Roger Moore was probably the oldest of the Bond actors. He was already 46 when he started playing Bond in the movies.

The attraction to Bond isn't about the age. It is about the over all appeal of a confident man. A younger man could not pull off the part of an experienced spy. Besides, if I remember right, Bond is usually portrayed as being a high class, well funded spy with fancy cars and fancy cloths and women will usually over look age if money becomes involved. Money plus the thrill of being with a spy trumps the age issue.

• 7 years ago

well lets see: Commander in the Navy, probably worked MI6 for 10 or so years

(want details on a real spy ask)

yeah he'd be at least 30

• LilyRT
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

??? these guys aren't old. there's no way a teenager can come off as believable as a suave, sophisticated, sexually powerful international spy.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Daniel Craig isn't old

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.