C asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

National Guard Infantryman to Army Officer job question?

I recently joined the National Guard and am awaiting my ship date for basic training. My question is if I was to choose to go green to gold (or other officer option) after my 2014 deployment, what career would I be looking at when I become an officer. Im just wondering if the Army would place a former infantryman into an infantry officer position or if the decision is based on the needs of the Army. So any experience or thoughts would be nice.

Favorite Answer

I spent my first 3 years in the Infantry...then the next 6 in CBRN (54B/74D) making SSG before being commissioned through "Green-to-Gold"

I received my degree in Environmental Engineering with a focus on HazMat Management

And the Army commissioned me into Field Artillery...

So what does that tell you?

• kolva

that is going to likely be over in the previous you recognize it. i understand a team of fellows that had youngsters as quickly as I went to undemanding. i think it make a difference of ways old they are. i'd say that in the event that they are 5 or older then they are going to be locate. As longs as they are going to be waiting to stay with your hubby they are going to be wonderful. Plus, as quickly as you connect you would be sending a examine domicile in case you're education. i'd connect. the toughest area would be which you wont be waiting to digital mail or call, you will could deliver snail mail which gets form of stressful after awhile. i think of you may. I did and it grew to become into completely properly worth it. solid luck. P.S.- To all the different adult adult males, definite motherhood is substantial, yet in reaction i'd say that conserving your little ones and offering them with a destiny is easily one in all the suitable areas of being a be sure. How extra valuable are you able to do the two than via transforming into a member of the army. no longer purely are you conserving you have become a advantageous bonus, I scent college money. I take it returned, your little ones at any age are wonderful. that is purely 9 weeks. Then AIT once you would be waiting to communicate in many circumstances. What are you questioning approximately making your MOS.

previous enlisted mos, has no bearing on what Branch is assigned after commissioning