Dwight Howard or Patrick Ewing?

I got Howard. What are your thoughts?

Favorite Answer

At this point in Dwight's career, Ewing is the significant better center that has more impact on their team as the leader. On defense, I give Dwight's shot blocking ability a slight edge over Ewing. But overall Ewing had better defense because the center position was more defined in the 90s. He had a lot of competition at the center spot especially with Hakeem and David Robinson. Later on, Shaq as well.

On offense, Ewing is hands down the better player. He has the post moves and can spread the floor and shoot the 15 foot jump shot. Dwight on the other hand plays only near the basket and does not seem comfortable/fluid performing the post moves such as the hook shot. It looks a little awkward to me.

Time will tell how Dwight's career turns out. Hopefully, he can dominate the paint like how the old centers used to do.

Ewing for the length of time he played in the NBA.

Patrick Ewing was still playing at age 39 and he was on some bad teams during his NBA career.

Let's see how long Dwight Howard plays in the NBA.

Well Ewing was good defensely, Howard has a chance ti be better than Ewing on defense but when it comes to offense Howard will never be better than Ewing. It still to early to tell

Lol I've never seen Ewing play but I'd take pau gasol over Howard. Howard is a joke.

• Mr. T

Ewing All DAY! Ewing had to face David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaq

Howard has to face Kosta Koufas!

• The

Ewing was a great center and an amazing leader. Dwight is a great center but is so damn facetious all the time... He needs to get serious like LeBron did last year.

Ewing. He played against better competition at his position. Dwight doesn't dominate in the NBA as much as he should be.