Is it possible for something like a Sea Monster to exist?

Not like a tiny friggin loch-ness monster, like Cthulu or something. over 90% of the earth's ocean is undiscovered and who knows how deep some of it could be. So do you think there could be like a giant friggin sea monster in the middle of the ocean in the dark depths? why?

please no religious answers.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is possible. Scientists/biologists are discovering new species all of the time, both on land and in the water...particularly oceans. What makes it so hard to discover these new species in the ocean is that the ocean is so vast and huge that being at the right place at the right time is a bit difficult. Also, being that the ocean is so deep, it is very difficult to make discoveries deep down in the deeper parts of the ocean.

So, I would think that it is very possible that there could be undiscovered sea monsters living in the ocean.

• 4 years ago

It depends on what you consider a sea monster.At one time the giant squid was considered a sea monster.Fishermen have caught sea creaures that could be considered sea monsters.With the vastness of the oceans and seas,which cover a great deal of the earth,and the fact that we have not explored the oceans to definatley say that there not sea monsters is wrong.Scientests have found bodies of water under the oceans with caves that join them.What we consider sea monsters could definately come through these caves into our oceans.I am sure many sailors have seen them but without pictures they have no proof so they say nothing.

• 7 years ago

Yeah. I think it's possible. Undiscovered so they can't really say no. Long ago there in age of dinosaurs there could've been some deep sea monsterd that could've survived. A lot of those dinosaurs were huge too. It'd be kinda scary though to think that all the way down there there could be a species as big as my school or something. And since it lives at the bottom, then they stay at the bottom because that's how they survive. So it's not like we could discover any of them without going down there.

• 7 years ago

What we do not know is aaalwaays possible!

Looking at google images, I'd be surprised if a Cthulhu existed because the ratio of sightings to the amount of times it breaches the water is off-balance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Possible. The depths of the ocean is one big area in our planet which is not yet completely explored. Nobody knows what creatures are really down there.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If I jumped in the sea then then thats what would be in my pants

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.