Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

70% of violent gun crimes invlove this one thing, we should ban it right?

ALCOHOL yep 70% of all gun related violent crime involves booze so we could reduce gun crime a whopping 70% by just banning booze so why the delay libs call your congressman.

Best Answer

30% of the 70% involve women cheating on their husbands. So we should ban that too right? so, according to your simplistic theory, by banning wives, reduce gun crime. Right?

• Irie

I consider myself very liberal and I think that neither guns nor alcohol should be banned. However, I'm not really opposed to making it difficult for criminals or people with a history of severe mental illness or impossible to obtain one legally. I realize that banning things doesn't always work. I believe people should have the right to protect themselves, although I wish the world was a safe enough place for that to be unnecessary. Also I think there should be more affordable and quality treatment programs for people who suffer from addiction and/or mental illness.

Why ban booze when it is a someway harmless social drink. You can ban guns which are the objects doing the actual killing

• mark

Hell, 80% involve Conservatives. Lets ban them instead

We tried banning booze. Didn't work.

• fdm215

As per usual the Chicken Little wingnuts are out in force. Restricting access to assault weapons is a good idea for this country. Whine on...

Also alcohol kills more innocent people than any other drug, so that's a +1 even though we know alcohol prohibition won't work.

• Nobody is going to ban anything while Obama is in office.

Good point.

Prohibition never works.