Why shoud I believe in astrology?

Particularly vocational astrology

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

astrology is scientifically bankrupt.

Every scientific test conducted has either failed to prove astrological claims or has disproved them.

none of the ten areas of alleged evidence in support of astrology are valid.

the astrological community itself is aware of these problems but has done nothing to address them.

the world view of astrology is pagan and its practices are occultic.

objective chart interpretation is a logical impossibility and relies entirely upon subjective impressions, invention, or psychic/spiritistic guidance.

the reason why astrology seems to work can be explained entirely by psychological factors or spiritistic powers.

as an occult method of divination, astrology is inherently a dangerous practice

not a single Christian doctrine is compatible with astrological belief, nor is there a single Scripture reference, properly interpreted, that supports astrology.

Astrologers have also claimed the Magi were astrologers. But their conclusion is not substantiated by scholars. The fact that these men are mentioned favorably, and that God deals with them especially in relationship to His Son, indicates it is more certain that they were not astrologers.

The term "magi" refers to a group of Medes who were priests for the Persians. Not astrologers

The term "magi" refers to ancient "wise men" and astronomy was part of the practice and interest of many such magi.

Source(s): www.johnankerberg.org
  • 6 years ago

It's good to ask this question. Pythagoras, the famous mathematician, gave us numerology. John Kepler, the great astronomer and mathematician, also made many discoveries in astrology and said: "A most unfailing experience of the excitement of sub-lunary natures by the conjunctions and aspects of the planets has instructed and compelled my unwilling belief." Can these great mathematicians and astronomers be wrong in one belief and right in another? Extract something positive from astrology if you have a belief and if not, do research before you decide to reject it.

Astrology is the science of stars, and is based on the belief that the position of the planets and stars in the sky influences human life.

Pavan Guruji – US and India’s Leading Astrologer Wide Clientele in the United States and India. His teachings are widely telecasted on various Television Channels. He founded the Sri Krishna Vrindavan Dham Ashram which has become the conduct of his work. He specializes in Horoscopes, Zodiac Signs, Numerology, Vaastu Advice and other solutions to spiritual ailments.You can also ask your own question. For every question, Guruji will give an answer, and also suggest a remedy if required in your particular case.

• 6 years ago

Astrology is the science of stars, and is based on the belief that the position of the planets and stars in the sky influences human life. Like in any other profession, the accuracy of the task depends on the person performing it. The failure of predictions could be because they are wrongly interpreted by astrologers, or incomplete and wrong birth information (date and time) given. After all, predictions are based on mathematical calculations of transiting planets. For more information visit on astrochap.com

• 6 years ago

Dont believe in astrology.Both islam and hinduism prohibits astrology.

Manusmrity(law book of hinduism) 9:258-262 A fortune teller shoul be punished by the king. Quran 5:90

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

In our modern age of science and rationality, the mere mention of astrology is enough to evoke a broad range of reactions across the spectrum of society. For many people, the term astrologer summons to mind images of hippies, new-age witches, so-called psychics or a variety of other charlatans and frauds. On the other hand, kings and emperors throughout history have used their secret knowledge of astrology to their own great benefit.

To this day, politicians and judges, world-famous celebrities, powerful businessmen, and financiers from New York and the City of London to Moscow and Hong Kong, still use astrology to guide them when they make important decisions. So what is astrology all about, and how can this ancient science be put to use to help you? Read on to discover the answers to these and other questions.

First let s tackle some common myths and misconceptions about astrology.

- Astrology is not magic.

This bears repeating: astrology is not magic. The science underlying the practice of astrology is based on thousands of years of empirical research, and as with all good science, our understanding of astrology continues to evolve and improve as we do. Just as alchemy paved the way for the development of modern science and the widely-respected scientific method, so too will astrology lead the way to a greater understanding of the energies that permeate the Universe and how their ebb and flow can affect terrestrial life.

- Astrology is not a new-age fad.

We ve all seen the signs for those shady tarot and palm-reading shops, and if you ve traveled through Europe (especially Eastern Europe) then you ve probably encountered various gypsies and other ne er-do-wells hocking their fortune telling and astrology services, often at exorbitant prices. Unfortunately, most of these people are charlatans and frauds; some of them are well-intentioned but delusional about their own capabilities, and occasionally you may find a genuine astrologer out there, but the vast majority of such individuals are nothing more than snake-oil salesmen (or women, as the case often is) and they know it.

Real astrology is an ancient science practiced by respected individuals throughout history, including right up to the modern day. You won t find real astrologers hocking their services with exaggerated claims, false promises, or gimmicky promotions, because they simply don t need to. And although some legitimate astrologers do sell crystals, essential oils and other natural products, you wouldn t find most of us within a mile of a New Age shop. Many of us are doctors, lawyers, teachers or professionals in other fields, and astrology is just another aspect of our lives.

for more about astrology please visit: http://spiritualsadhana.com/question/need-info-on-...

• 5 years ago

It s depend on you some people know the effects on astrology but some don t trust on it, According to me i believe in astrology because i saw live example of it, and also learn astrology from some websites and YouTube videos, there is a website astrovidhi which is based on astrology and there prediction is always accurate. and i believe tham. you also visit and know why you should believe in astrology.

Source(s): www.astrovidhi.com
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

If you're not sure about astrology, go to astro.com and look up your birth chart and do your research on it. I feel like you have to be a spiritual person in order to believe in it. For me, it's very accurate and has helped me identify who I am.

• neil s
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It's not clear what you're asking. Is it "why should believe astrology exists" or "why should I believe the claims made based on astrology are accurate"?

There is clear evidence to support the first belief. There is none to support the second.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Astrology is a spiritual thing. If you're asking for someone to describe it to you, I can't help you. But if you choose to believe in it, you can simply do so.

• 5 years ago

Astrologers try to tell us that a connection with whatever is happening in human relations and around them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.