Is a 600w power supply enough for this build?

Processor: Intel i5-3570k

Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 OC GHz edition

2 Sticks of DDR3 ram

2 fans (COUGAR CF-V12HP)

What I plan on adding in the future:

7 fans (my case supports up to 9 fans lol)

Blue LED strips

I went to the power supply calculator and it tells me that I should use 480w. Sapphire's site tells me I need at least 500w PSU. I just want to make sure that the Corsair CX600 is enough to power when I have everything with the fans and LEDs.

Hey there. You can go to newegg and use their PSU build calculator. All you have to do is put your build in the specified areas and it will give u an a very close estimate of the PSU to run minimum for your build. Ill put a link so u can check it out.

Relies on the pleasant of the PSU, but that will have to be enough, assuming you obtained a satisfactory section. Which you should, or else you will have to downgrade to a 670 (and lose at most 5% performance) to get a greater PSU.

Actually a good 500watt can do it, But yes the CX600 can do it, And give extra headroom for future additions.

• Buster

600 watts is plenty. Just make sure which ever one you buy has all the connectors that you will need.

Joe

The Old Computer Guy

I would suggest the Corsair GS600 but that one should be fine too

It is more than sufficient.