Timmy B? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

Agree or Disagree with this idea for Jets?

First of all Tebow will be gone next year. That is 100% fact. Second, they need to get rid of Sanchez. I think they should trade Sanchez to Seattle for Matt Flynn. If Seattle does not want that trade then just drop Sanchez and pay off his guarenteed money on his contract. Sign Flynn, his is still young, has talent, and has experience, AND the best part is he will be cheap. The Jets will not have to dump a $40 million contract on him. Let Santonio Holems, and Derrelle Revis get healthy. Then drop Shonne Greene, and spend big on a good runningback. Big name Free Agent RB's as of 2013 will be: Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Rashad Mendenhall, Jonathan Dwyer..Personally I think they should go after Reggie Bush. Reggie will probably be looking to leave Miami, and if the Jets can make some moves to put together a decent team then they might convince Reggie Bush to sign with them. If they cant get Bush the next best option would be Steven Jackson. Then they could possibly land Greg Jennings. Jennings is a free agent next year and with the recent play of Randall Cobb and James Jones and Jordy Nelson there is a very good chance the Packers will not re-sign him. After all of this the Jets could have: Matt Flynn QB, Reggie Buch - RB, Santonio Holmes - WR, Greg Jeninngs - WR..There defense is not that bad, especially when Revis comes back.

So agree or disagree with these moves for the Jets?

@Peyton - Yes, Rex is VERY stubborn. But I think it is very clear to him right now that he must make changes if he wants to be the head coach for them any longer. The Jets organization understands that they must make serious changes if they're going to compete with the Patriots in that division. And I think they will make some serious changes for next year.

-Im not sold on Powell or any of the Jets current RB's to be honest. If they are going to have Holmes and Jennings they need a good RB to force defenses to defend their run game at all times. If they keep their current RB's defenses will simply drop back all of their DB's to defend the passing game. They need a good RB to offset their potentially good WR's. You have to keep the defense honest.

• DB-C
    Favorite Answer

Flynn - Agree 100% as a matter of fact I actually suggested the same move a week or two ago.

Top RB - Disagree completely, Jackson is over the top and the other mentioned is not much of an upgrade, RB's come a dime a dozen, this year has shown that clearly. Morris in Washington, Brown's in Philadelphia and New York. Ridley for the Patriots. Unless you get AP kind of production it is not worth spending big money at RB. Spending money on the O-line is a better investment to improve the run game.

WR - At the right price. If they can get a good bargain signing Jennings could work. I think the Packers very well might let him walk. The Jets should be concerned, how will he do without Rodgers? The answer, Jennings was good with Favre, and will still be good. He is the main man in GB, taking him in to the building seems like a good move.

• Chaos

Matt Flynn - Agree. Anyone but Sanchez. As a Jet fan myself, I want to start, in order; Flynn, McElroy, Tebow and Vick. I don't want Alex Smith

Keep Holmes and Revis - COMPLETELY agree. I'm tired of Jets fan talking about releasing Holmes. Yeah, hurt an already weak receiving core even more. Brilliant idea.

Get Reggie Bush - COMPLETELY disagree. He's an overrated scumbag.

Get Greg Jennings - Agree. I'd prefer him, but if we lose out on him, I wouldn't mind the Jets signing Edwards to a cheap contract.

I prefer these starters for the Jets next year. I don't EXPECT it, but if I had to choose and ignore potential salary cap problems...

QB: Matt Flynn (starter), Greg McElroy

RB: Bilal Powell (starter), Shonn Greene, Joe McKnight

WR: Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley

TE: Dustin Keller (resign)

Rex's biggest flaw is that he's stubborn and too loyal to his players. Thankfully, he's taking the first step away from Sanchez by starting McElroy.

I think both Tebow and Sanchez will be gone next season along with Rex the Wonder Mutt. I know that Woody loves his loudmouthed head coach but he has to realize at some point that talk doesn't win titles -- Ryan doesn't have the smarts or discipline to lead a championship squad.

I can see the Jets signing Alex Smith, who is on his way out of San Francisco, and adding an unsung backup like Atlanta did with Mike Turner a few years ago. They could go after a Carolina back ro snatch somebody from the Steelers.

Jennings would be a good addition but I don't see the Packers letting him go.

You know cutting Sanchez means a $17 million cap hit in 2013, right?

But you have them still with enough space for Greg Jennings and Reggie Bush?

Why not trade for Julius Peppers too. They need a pass rusher.

I agree 100% with Peyton. That WOULD be a great team, but Rex will never let it happen. McElroy is starting this week and he might show some signs of life. They should let McElroy start week 17 as well since they've got nothing to lose

Of course building such a team whose victory never fades is very nice thought but to see such things happen in actual is made typical by one or the other individuals decision. Hope stays alive let’s see if this idea reaches them.

That would be an explosive team I would think. I just don't know if Rex Ryan would be willing enough to make the moves.

49ners are taking this super bowl!