TIM asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 years ago

what historical figures were born in in the state of Iowa?

Best Answer

To add to the other persons answer. Norman Borlaug was born in Cresco IA(NE part of state). He won a nobel peace prize for helping with providing food for people with limited resources. The Iowa City School District just opened a school this year named in his honor.

Herbert & Lou henry hoover- he was a past president and Humanitarian. She was from Waterloo and worked with the Girls Scouts

Clifford Berry co-invented the first electronic computer. From the Gladbrook/ Reinbeck area.

Wallace Hume Carothers- invented Nylon and Neoprene . I think he at some point worked for DuPont.

George Gallup invented the gallup poll

George Nissen invented the trampoline- not sure where he was born, but he was a gymnast at U of I. He passed a couple years ago.

John Froelich- gasoline powered tractor

Ray Townsend- inventions in meat industry

Grant Wood

Dan Gable- Olympic gold medalist. 21 conference championships and 15 national titles as coach.

• cosano

Alexander the great reshaped the classic international, yet replaced into tolerant of the conquered peoples' ideals and religions. 10 2) Abraham Lincoln certainly one of our superb leaders 10 3) Elizabeth I of england ruled for the period of a era of tolerance and enlightenment, 9, had father subject concerns and had no inheritor 4) Maximilien Robespierre 5, chief of a revolution, carried out via the revolution 5) Thomas Edison as an inventor, 10, as a man or woman, i comprehend not something approximately him 6) Cleopatra difficult to split fact from legend and in simple terms undeniable fiction 7) Jose De San Martin you purchased me with this one. never heard of him. 8) mom Teresa 10 as a man or woman, yet probably to haven't any historic impact 9) Thomas Jefferson 10 in shaping our political device 10) Benito Mussolini a million, a undesirable guy who linked with 2 different undesirable adult men

Pres. Herbert Hoover and physicist Van Allen come first to mind. Also investigate Borlaug, the agriculturalist, though I don't know if he was actually born here. Also John Wayne, Johnny Carson, and Donna Reed, and I think Lillian Russell, but they were just actors.

• Kevin7

i think Fred Grandy the actor from the Love Boat who later became a politician