Informing boss of pregnancy by letter?

Im nearly 8 weeks pregnant and i told my boss at 5 weeks as my job involves alot of heavy lifting. But now he wants a letter to formally tell him. He said i have to include how far i am and my expected due date. But i dont no how to actually write this letter (as in what to put and how to word it) need help please :)

Favorite Answer

im sure it doesnt have to be too long. like something that says

dear ___,

I just wanted to make sure you know that i am expecting. I am _ weeks and _ days along today. My doctor has told me I'll be expecting him on or around (due date here). He/She has also told me it is best that i dont do heavy lifting or too much physical work that may over work me or cause me to pull a muscle in my belly (like straining yourself).

sincerely,

(same)

something like that, prob lil longer but it shouldnt be too hard.

As long as your doctor says that lifting is ok then there is no need to stop. I was allowed to continue to do my job as normal (my job includes unloading 50+ pound boxes off trucks) all the way up to a week before I delivered with my first.

With my second I had work restrictions because I was high risk, but my doctor wrote out all my restrictions on her letterhead so there was no question.

Talk to your doctor, if you have restrictions then have him/her write them out. They write letters like that all the time and know exactly how to word things.