What book should I start reading?(read description)?

I'm a 17 year old male and I want to start reading books, mainly because i want to increase my imagination and I hear books are better than movies. If anyone could recommend me a good book that i could get really indulged in I would be eternally grateful. My interests are like fantasy and thrillers:ex. Lord of... show more I'm a 17 year old male and I want to start reading books, mainly because i want to increase my imagination and I hear books are better than movies. If anyone could recommend me a good book that i could get really indulged in I would be eternally grateful. My interests are like fantasy and thrillers:ex. Lord of the ring, shutter island, inception,Star Trek, Star wars. Something based in space would be cool but it dosen't have to be, thanks.:)
Update: Thanks everyone I think I'm actually going to start the Game of Thrones series, hopefully i can follow:\