How to make kids wait until Christmas to open the gifts?

Ok, so our tradition is that on Christmas Eve, you must wait til 12 to open gifts. All gifts. Then on Christmas, we have a family dinner and play around. What can we do to not think about gifts? Me and my siblings get too excited for gifts. What to do to pre-occupy ourselves? My mom closes that day so... show more Ok, so our tradition is that on Christmas Eve, you must wait til 12 to open gifts. All gifts. Then on Christmas, we have a family dinner and play around.

What can we do to not think about gifts? Me and my siblings get too excited for gifts. What to do to pre-occupy ourselves? My mom closes that day so she'll come home at 9. Help!
Update: Ella, I know there's more to Christmas than gifts. That's why I'm volunteering at a shelter this week and next. I also found some animals, homes. My parents don't let me out of the house :/ besides, my friends have things to do that day or they're out of the country. I like the cookies idea... show more Ella, I know there's more to Christmas than gifts. That's why I'm volunteering at a shelter this week and next. I also found some animals, homes.

My parents don't let me out of the house :/ besides, my friends have things to do that day or they're out of the country. I like the cookies idea...