Teenage Boy Trouble Advice.?

You see. I'm a teenager. And I really like this boy, even though I know I shouldn't. Hes 20. Hes a dropout. He lives with his mom. Not going to college, and hes not going to go. We talked and hung out as much as possible for 6 weeks, he was super sweet and even told me he was falling for me. Then next thing I know he screws me over for some teenage Mom. Wtf. But its been a couple weeks and I cant stop thinking about him, still. I don't know what to do about it. I just want to be over him?

Favorite Answer

Ah yes. The (older) bad boy crush. Now you see the with age and experience does not always come maturity (for him, I mean.)

You want to get over him? Then do what you can to get over him. It is not easy once you're attached; I completely understand that. I have also had a guy once telling me that was really falling for me - he'd sweet-talk me all the time, compliment me a lot, he talked to me everyday for weeks and weeks. He did all he could to make me think he had eyes for me only. Just like this guy. So I fell for him and I agreed to be his girlfriend. He said, "I will never ever cheat on you :)." What happened one day later (as I found out long after that)? He told another girl he liked her. So obviously, his "feelings" for me weren't that genuine if he was going to hit on another girl like that, nor was he worth of my trust or feelings.

Anyway, enough about me. But, you see? You really have to be careful with people. It takes a long time to get to know someone, and I mean REALLY get to know them, enough to be 100% sure that they are genuine, and genuinely care about you. People can put on a whole new face to you for 6 weeks, as you can see.

Let's just say, things had worked out with him. Would he be in any position to be able to support you if you'd gotten married? He's a dropout, which indicates lack of ambition, motivation. Stubbornness to not go. Still lives with his mom, so he has not learned to be independent from moving out and standing on his own two feet, which links to his immaturity. He was super sweet to you and put in the time for awhile and then what happened? He screwed you over. And for a teen mom. Wow. He wouldn't even be able to support her child since he's still living with his mother.. But at least you don't have to worry about that situation.

It's ok to get sad over him. You got to let all your feelings out if you need to. Everytime you start to daydream about him, try to remind yourself of all the bad things about him, like I've mentioned. And, above all, tell yourself that

YOU. DESERVE. THE. BEST.

Was he the best? Hmm, let's see. He's insincere, a player, and screwed you over. Nobody deserves that crap. Wouldn't you rather you were with someone who meant what they said when they were sweet to you, who really cared? Know that you will find that some day with some new guy who is going to treat you like a queen and nothing less. This guy was disappointing and not the real thing. As time goes on, you will be able to see more and more objectively and clearly about this and realize that he was not the one for you, he was not worth it at all. If he was, he wouldn't be trying to get with some teen mom, right.

So once you get used to these kinds of thoughts and reminding yourself that you deserve better, do things with your time that will take your mind off him. Hang out with friends, flirt with other guys if you want, enjoy your freedom. Get into a hobby you always wanted to try, be creative, study, oh and a great one is this: listen to happy music. And dance music, if you're into it. Anything upbeat that gets you up dancing. Dancing makes you feel good. Angry music to get your resentment over him out of your system e.g. My Chemical Romance - "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)". Inspirational music. Just anything but sad music.

Let other people in your life distract you, and eventually a new guy, and you will be over him in no time and be glad that you stopped wasting your time on an unfaithful no-hoper. Recognize the warning signs so you can avoid this kind of guy in the future. But let the possibilities of the future excite you. You deserve so much better, ok? And you will find it when the time is right, but for now you need to learn these life lessons and move on. Keep your chin up. Good luck.

Aww hun. Im sorry that is a hard situation. I would definitely surround yourself with a huge wade range of girl friends and guy friends. I know hanging out with friends and keeping busy always helps me get things off my mind. just sitting around thinking about missing him WILL NOT help!

Good luck!

xoxo

Sophie

You want him because you cant have him and he left you for someone else... you always want what you cant have... but honestly do you want a future with someone like that? it might be ok now but in the future when you have a family do you really want to be with a guy like that who probably will be a low life for the rest of his life. i think you just need to stay and realize this is the better thing for yourself. in the end you will find a much better guy that will want to be with you. this guy will most likely never change!

Source(s): been through it!

Are you a good influence on him, maybe you can change his ways, 20 is still young, but then again how long do you really know this guy? 6 weeks, and he already showed his colors, i would consider very hard.

You need to vent it out and just take some time for yourself. He's 20 and a dropout, you don't need that drama, what you need is to gather your friends again cause i know you drifted from them because of this guy and vent with them and have a lot of fun, you just too young for that guy.

Also, if you want answer mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuGqm...

Mmmm that position sucks but the only way hun is to let time go by and little by little you should let go try to find something that occupies your mind and before you know it you forgot about the boy who stole and broke your heart .

I remember that position but (excuse my language) **** happens but life still goes on.

If you have anymore questions just email me (cabello_danielle13@yahoo.com)

If you miss him tell him how you feel about it and be a tailhole.

If he has afacebook do things to make him jealous :)

(but don't be a hoe.) lol.

Getting over a guy really takes time so you should be fine. :)