Would this be considered New Age music?

Beautiful piece, but I am having some trouble figuring out if this would be considered New Age? I'm a Christian and I don't think I would like to get into this kind of stuff if it is. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S-29Ie_ISo

Favorite Answer

Most people who like New Age music would be into this so from their perspective: yes. Also, most people who are learned in musical notation would consider music like this New Age because the key never really changes. If you listen to the melody that it starts with, it remains constant through the entire peace, meaning that while the chord structure do change, the actual key that this song is in never changes, so most most music buffs would consider this New Age. Taking all of that into consideration, a piece like this is perfect for meditating since the mood is constant, as opposed to progressive music where the key is usually changing throughout the song.

Motown is the normal given that it appeals to the loads, but when your peers and household grew up being attentive to whatever else you must pass with that. For a laugh why do not you incorporate for your invites or a your bathe a questioner of the track ppl attending will like. It is your day, so have it your means, sorry approximately the bk pun.

You are right, it IS a beautiful piece. Thanks for the post!

Is it "New Age" music? No, it is not. There is nothing "anti-god" in here at all, it's just nice music.

For one thing, define "New Age", the definition varies widely and is often used by the evangelical/fundamentalist sects as a catch-all term for stuff they do not like for whatever reason.

Blessings on your Journey!

If you're a christian you shouldn't be dabbling into anyhting new age, I used to be heavy into the ne age , beliving in crystals and indigos,astrology,psychics..ect. when you give your life to God you have to renounce the devil and yours sins. Newage is pretty occultic and if you keep dabbling into it, your opening the door to for satan to come into your life. So throw out anything that has to do with neage.. and justkeep your eyes on God.

IF you want music to listen to try gospel, or instrumental. EDIT: I just learned the song your into is instrumental... I'm still eary of anyhing new age.

Source(s): You have to guard your ear, and eye gates, watch what. Goes through them

No, it's tempo is too fast. Plus some of the instrumentation voice is too loud. If you want a sample of New Age, check out Enya.

• ?

No lyrics, so you're probably safe. Still, you can't be sure until you play it backwards and scan for subliminal satanic messages.

• Nikole

not new age, but still awesome listening music.

I would stay away from it and especially what Pytr is listening to! Just my two cents!

I feel very very sorry for you, and don't know how you cope with what your sunday school teaches.

I suppose your sunday school teacher would hate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQM00K24qG8