What is this book called?

theres a book i read about 6 years ago.

its about a young girl who has Leukemia, and while shes in the hospital she meets another girl(or boy im not sure) who also has cancer. im not positive what happens in the middle but i know at the end the girls friend passes away.

sorry tgeres not much detail but if you know the title please let me know :)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engel

"Meanwhile, Vicky must help out at home, facing her grandfather's increasing confusion as he identifies Vicky with his dead wife. He has also been hemorrhaging, and Vicky often goes with Leo to pick up blood. There at the hospital, she meets a girl named Binnie who is sick with a type of leukemia and has seizures. Binnie's father is radically religious and is constantly disposing of the medication that control the seizures.

One night, her grandfather starts to hemorrhage and is sent to the hospital. Vicky is on a date with Zachary, and does not know about her grandfather's medical crisis until they come to the dock and see that Leo is not there to pick them up. Zachary rushes Vicky to the hospital, and eventually abandons her there. As she waits in the emergency room, she is spotted by Binnie's mother, who leaves her unconscious daughter with Vicky while she goes to find a nurse. Binnie has a convulsion and dies in Vicky's arms. This latest trauma sends Vicky into a wave of darkness, an almost catatonic state in which she is only vaguely aware of reality."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Ring_of_Endless_Lig...

• Login to reply the answers
  • Tish
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Browse through the Judi Picoult books, it sounds like one of hers.

• 7 years ago

Sounds like "my sisters choice" a little...

• 7 years ago

omg I think that's a movie lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.