Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

Where can I find nursing home quality comparisons for Texas nursing homes?

I am moving a relative to a different nursing home. I have tried online to find statistics on them so I can compare. I checked the website for the Texas Department on Aging and Disability but was not able to find what I was looking for.

She is in a bad facility and I need to get her out asap. Any info is appreciated.

Favorite Answer

There is a website called Nursing Home Compare, maintained by Medicare. You can check out nursing homes and compare them by choosing a zip code, radius, and selecting which nursing homes to compare. The nice thing about this is that it also will tell you which nursing homes are certified Medicaid if you need a Medicaid home.

Nursing Home Compare: http://www.medicare.gov/NursingHomeCompare/search....

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) also has a five star rating. Always visit the nursing home(s) if you can, because when an inspection is conducted that it is an observed point in time.

Source(s): health care regulatory experience