do you believe that peace on earth, the ultimate utopia is the goal that "god" wants for us?

that is to say... are we destined to find a way to come to peace, or is that never part of the universe's plan?

your opinion

ok this is more geared towards people of a new ager/pantheist faith. i use "god" because it's an easy word. i am not talking about in any way the god that is referred to the bible. i am not pessimistic enough to believe in an evil god.

• Jana
    Best Answer

I DO believe the ultimate plan..or what the "God" energy has set into motion is a kind of harmony, and ultimate "peace."

I also see us all as a part of God, not apart FROM God. We'll eventually grow spiritually, (life after lifetime, and experience after experience) to the point of throwing off the useless layers of "Hell," such as: hate, anger, fear, jealousy, etc. and return to the original... pure energy that is "us."

We won't get there until we all get there, so it is incumbent upon each one of us to do whatever we can to help lift each other to a higher spiritual level, and do what we can to express unconditional love. This includes helping each other to grow, be strong, setting the best examples we can....and work to lessen our pitiful, needy "ego's" that continually limit our infinite possibilities.

World peace would obviously be wonderful, and it is a goal the us humans are certainly working towards and should always strive to achieve. However, I think it's irrelevant within the full scale of the universe. We're merely a blip on a dot on a speck inside a small part of the universe, which we don't even know the full extent of. Is God only our protector, or is God the controller of the universe? If we choose the latter, then it's possible that although we all contain some holiness and godliness in some way, we cannot be too relevant in the scheme of things.

Honestly, with these things I end up contradicting myself the next day. It's all to complicated and complex, that I'd rather stick to my own sphere and let God handle the rest ;)

Pisces sun 7H

Sagittarius moon 4H

Virgo rising

Full chart here: http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal...

Not by gods track record no. Read the old testament and see for yourself in it god gave orders to slaughterer many ethnic minorities as well as many other atrocities.

Throughout the middle ages over 9,000,000, Pagan women and children were burned alive, the children in their hovels, the mothers nearby on their funeral pyre tied to a stake, when the childrens screams died along with the children she was then burned also. if you call that peaceful then probably yes, if you think it to be cruelty then no.

I personally have decided the latter of the two...... How bout you?

Also do you realise that theres even a present day Crusade thats slowly ending, it was declared by George Bush ( a sworn christian) his partner in crime was Tony Blair ( another confirmed Christian)

I was ordered to fight in those wars, they are both guilty of Genocide.I went several times on both Telic* and Herrick* deployments because i did not have the choice but im not a Crusader in fact i have no faith nor will anyone ever convince me to adopt one, ive seen too much, you see.

The Abrahamic faiths are all the same, in the fact that its borderline which of them has the most blood on their hands.

Peaceful religions they are not! They have all gained forced converts in the past by means of torment and torture. One of the favoured islamic torments was to put a knee high metal boot on you then they slowly drove wooden wedges in to the point their was great pressure on the bones but not enough to break them.( Crippled slaves cannot work as much as non crippled ones) then they would slowly drop boiling oil into the boot til you agreed this was a torment they often used in the times of the Crusades of old. The catholic church of the time also had and condoned a childrens Crusade the children were mostly enslaved and converted to islam read the following link

Hence i refuse to believe anything they say, they do little good as a front, and beneath it a very great deal of harm and skulduggery. Hence their modern decay and disrepute...... People can read nowadays for themselves so they will no longer believe the lies they have been, and still are told by their clerics and their Church Primates.

They certainly do not practice what they preach... Peace and goodwill to all of mankind..... Pull the other leg it has flashing lights, bells, horns, and sirens too... Abe

* Telic = Iraq ...* Herrick = Afghanistan

Source(s): Read the bible and see for yourself .....Their god is EVIL as are the actions of his followers. http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&sour...

ehhh, I don't like meeting people's expectations, not god's anyways, because he wants me to. however, that doesn't mean I reject god's goals, because I think I have similar goals as him, but those goals have been grown within me and are dependent of me. >:)

about this goal, If the world became more spiritual, there'd be a natural inclincation to step towards the path of peace. I feel that choice should be up to the person, because of their grown feelings. I don't believe an "outside force'' that way is natural for me to walk in peace. I'll walk my own way

I'm not sure if this is going to answer your question but during my recent studies and readings it appears as though teachings of all religions and spiritual paths throughout the ages have stipulated that "god" is in all of us. Now, I have my religious views and I have my spiritual views, but personally, the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Various cultures worldwide do preach that we are all connected and that in order to fulfill ourselves we must honor that of which we are in others. "Love your neighbor", etc. And in doing so we are to realize that we all are connected. If everyone were to live by that theory, hypothetically speaking, "Utopia" may just come into existence in the world we know now. No crime, no hate, no wars, etc.

To that we all ARE "gods" would indicate that we have the power to control this and that first we must recognize the similarities between ourselves and other people and treat them as we would ourselves. So, yeah, I do believe that if EVERYONE followed the thought process that we create our own world and that yours is mine and mine is yours etc. then ofcourse we would want our existence here on Earth to be "Utopian".

I am MORE than an optimist; not sure if there is such a thing but I am that :)

Peace is more elusive than we think. Author C. David Coates wrote an eye opening poem which, like a mirror, exposes us to truths we may not wish to see. Here is a slightly modified version of that poem.

"Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kinds of cats, coyotes, beavers, groundhogs, mice and foxes by the million in order to protect their domestic animals and their feed.

Then they kill domestic animals by the billion and eat them. This in turn kills people by the million, because eating all those animals leads to degenerative - and fatal - health conditions like heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, and cancer.

So then humans spend billions of dollars torturing and killing millions more animals to look for cures for these diseases.

Elsewhere, millions of other human beings are being killed by hunger and malnutrition because food they could eat is being used to fatten domestic animals.

Meanwhile, few people recognize the absurdity of humans, who kill so easily and violently, and then plead for 'Peace on Earth.'"

The good news is that anyone can break this cycle of violence. Each of us has the power to choose compassion. Please visit these websites to align your core values with life affirming choices: http://veganvideo.org & http://tryveg.com

I believe that "god" desires that we love each other which would eliminate war.

I think there are places where peace reigns. But it is not on earth.

I do believe that it is everyone's destiny to eventually find "peace."

Which is built upon LOVE.

Great question as usual. Good luck and bless you Endora. As always.

Source(s): Amethyst33
  • slydad

God wants to have a relationship with us. He loves us. He wants us to appreciate and love him as a child loves a loving father purpose of our life is to please God. The world will never be a utopia, will never have peace and will never be a place free from evil. The world will last until as God says it's over. Then it will be. Over.

Nah

The way I see it. If god is a "force" devoid of sentience it doesn't matter. All things under or of its power merely act in accordance to their "properties". Like water flowing in regard to gravity or fluid dynamics.