? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 7 years ago

How is windows 8??????

I'm getting a laptop with windows 8 on it.

• Pyros
    Favorite Answer

Windows 8 is great! Everyone here saying it's buggy and/or slow are either giving you their experiance with the beta, generally have a bad opinion of it, or there is something fundamentally wrong with their hardware and they should probably troubleshoot it. I have installed it on lots of systems for friends/family and for personal use. When I say lots, I mean LOTS. I use it on many devices from a 1ghz tablet to a twin xeon 24 core desktop with 16 GB of RAM, to virtual machines on vmware and virtualbox. I have even installed, configured, and used windows server 2012 (windows 8 server edition). Windows 8 is faster and has a significantly better desktop interface offering more information and control to the power user and more simplicity to the everyday person. The metro interface is easy to adapt to and has all the same features you loved in the start menu. The start screen can in fact be thought of as a giant super start menu. The ribbon bar is a welcome addition to the explorer interface and the new task manager is godly! The copy/move dialogue with revamped file collision handling is a huge improvement over windows 7. Native USB 3.0 is wonderful and first party ISO handling is something I've wanted since windows 98. Most people who hate windows 8 will tell you it's bad for one reason, metro. This is horribly inaccurate. Metro is smooth and slick, offers full GPU accelerated applications (whether the developer takes advantage or not). Metro is not hard to learn and makes a lot of sense. Honestly no one can tell you what you should prefer so try it out and give it an honest shot. I'm a power user, developer, I use Maya, AutoCAD, visual studio, vsphere virtualization, and many other things normal users wouldn't touch. I built every system I own including my servers. I am a professional software tester who has also worked as a network engineer. I'm certified in computer security. I am also proficient with Mac OSX and many Linux/Unix distributions including: debian, Ubuntu, mandriva, redhat, centos, Solaris, hpux, AIX, and others. I can say with a fully unbiassed and confident opinion that people who blindly bash windows 8 because it is different, are idiots. Windows 8 is not perfect, you might have an issue or two but no more than you would on any other operating system/platform.

• Beverly5 years agoReport

Mykesshop.com

Go to Mykesshop.com . I must thank them for their great product key and warm customer service as well as quick delivery of email. This is the best online purchasing experience Ihad ever! You also can buy the product key here and activate you operating system in a short time.

Windows 8 is amazing!

Windows 8 is nice like very colorful.But what I suggest windows7 is easier to use than windows 8.

• Beverly5 years agoReport

Mykesshop.com

No good to use for Pogo. The windows are too small. I've tried Zoom to enlarge and lots of other settings. Nothing works. Can hardly see the cards playing Euchre. Makes it very unenjoyable and I haven't played in months because of that. Used to be here every day and night. I really miss it!

Windows 8 is great! Everyone here saying it's buggy and/or slow are either giving you their experiance with the beta

• Beverly5 years agoReport

Mykesshop.com

It's going to be buggy. Very few of Microsoft's new products come out of the box great. windows 7 was the latest exception. 8 also runs off of apps, kind of like an android or smart phone. there is no start menu so it will take a little getting used to. my suggestion is if possible wait a few months to give Microsoft the chance to fix some of the bugs. it'll save you a lot of frustration later, unless you like trying to figure things out the hard way.

Source(s): personal experience and a decent understanding of technology and how it works lol
    • Beverly5 years agoReport

Mykesshop.com

Here is my Computer Specs First

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GT 630M Geforce

Intel i5 3210M 3.1GHz

and on these specs, It runs slow

So, Windows 8 needs to be recoded

• Beverly5 years agoReport

Mykesshop.com

How fix it not Windows certified

still supper buggy..windows 7 is far superior..cheers

www.productkeyoffer.com