Should I buy a 1999 Honda Prelude?

I am thinking about buying a 1999 Honda Prelude. It has the original motor that has 72,000 miles on it. This Prelude is also a 5 speed manual transmission with a new clutch and flywheel. The owner garaged kept this car and had a few other cars that he drove, thats why there is such low mileage on the car. The timing belt and water pump have been replaced as well as the battery. Besides the fact that this car is 13 years old, would it be a reliable car?

Best Answer

Yes.

Yes.

In one word, yes! I bought a 2000 Prelude from the original owner this March with only 24K on it and the car is fun to drive. My only regret is that it replaced my 2002 RSX which had a little more power and a little more head room. I am 5'-10" and I have to lay the seat back a little more than I would like when driving it. I am also not big on the car requiring premium fuel but since I only put about 2000 miles on it a year on the car since it is my summer ride, I can live with it.

Hope that helps

Source(s): Current and past owner of 6 Civics, 1 Accord and an Acura RSX.
  • ?

yes buy it. It's well maintained, low mileage. and a good car. The car has a 2.2L dual over head camshaft with a base horsepower of 200 horsepower. The engine name is a H22. Very good fast reliable car.

extremely good buy!! very realiable, id want to buy it if i lived where you do!

thats reallyyyyyyy low mileage.

hondas get really good gas mileage and will last you forever with proper maintenance.

preludes are fast too :)

Source(s): owned a 2000 prelude, have a 95 civic hatch, 89 honda crx, 2002 s2000, and a 94 honda del sol. :)

this type of honda is very reliable and the engine's are strong ,the only down side to a car like this is they go through a lot of petrol and cost a lot to tax and insure compared to smaller cars.