eliza asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

how to starve yourself?

okay so for ages i'v been battleing with my weight. right now im on the atkins diet.. its not working. i know your all gonna tell me im stupid or something like that but i feel so fat.. its a week till christmas and im going to stop then, but i want to do a starvation detox just so i can maybe lose a bit of weight and detox to eat properly on christmas day.

so what im saying is i want to starve myself for a week. the thing is with me i cant to it by halfs, ill either do it or not do it atall. i cant diet, i dont have any self control ecspecially when the house is filled with chocolate and nice food for christmas. so a bit about me. im 13 and overweight. i know this. im not one of those stupid skinny bitches who want to be size 0. im fat. but now i can accept it i just want to lose weight, im desperate to look better for christmas. at the most i'v gone just over a day and a half without eating, i want to know how i can diet and feel more full and not so ill and light headed.

im not stupid, i know this is possible and wont kill me. i dont have time for people telling me not to do it or do a different diet. its for one week. people do this for a longer time for religions. i want to do this, i can starve and i feel much better about myself when i do. so please help?

Favorite Answer

OMG. IK U DIDNT ASK FOR THIS BUT DONT. IT IS POSSIBLE BUT IT LEADS TO A LOT OF HEALTH PROBLEMS. IM 14 AND I WAS ANOREXIC FOR 2 YEARS. GUESS WHAT. I HAVE A BILLION HEALTH PROBLEMS AND I'VE HAD A LOT OF SEISURES. IT SUCKS. SO IT IS A DEATH WITH AND IK U SAY THAT YOU WILL ONLY STARVE YOURSELF FOR A WEEK BUT THATS WHAT I SAID WHEN I STARTED ANOREXIA.. AND IT GOT OUT OF HAND. SO PLZ DONT :(

Source(s): ME,MYSELF,AND I

The atkins diet isn't really all that safe to do. Ketosis is fine but the amount of chloresterial and calorie rich foods on the atkins set people up for failure - calorie intake does matter its not irrelivant as many seem to think it is whilst on the atkins diet.

As for starvation, its not ideal obviously its unhealthy and can trigger eat eating disorder. Watch a youtube video called "race to size 0 " And you'll see there's a girl there who did It in 5 weeks went from size 12 to size 0 and lost 14lbs or something, her main tactics was gym everyday for 2 hours and two protein shakes a day - that's 800 calories. The thing about this is that its not "really" that bad compared to starvation. She wasn't loosing muscle mass because she was getting adequat protein. You should also take a vitamin tablet and omega 3 fish oil capsule daily, both of which will ward of cravings, increase metabolism, and lower side effects of drastic dieting.

You can also attempt fasting for 24 hours. Just do this every other day, eat normally one day then nothing the next. Its called intermediate fasting and is quuite contraversial but does reduce your overal calorie intake by 50%, causing weight loss.

Hey I recognize I'm fairly past due however it makes me believe larger penning this. I weigh in at routinely 109 and routinely as much as 117. I haven't any clue why it fluctuates thi so much however I'm thirteen and a part and I'm five'two and a part. I recognize individuals are gonna say oh my gosh your mostly already thin at five'two.five and weighing in at round 113. But Im informed I'm fats. Then I began ravenous. I'm no longer depressed. I were ravenous for three days and I simplest devour dinner. I motorbike four miles as I develop on a daily basis. I do plenty of planks and stretching and if I'm laying in my mattress I will do motions like I'm using a motorcycle with my ft within the air. My target is much less that one hundred. I'm lowering on a daily basis and ingesting 6+ cups of water and might be two cups of tea. Soon I will likely be consuming much less dinner or I might simply nonetheless devour dinner relying on how the burden loss is going. Now you'll be able to see an overview of abs and my hipbones lovely good. But I do plenty of the whole thing and I desire I achieve my target. please do not get too obsessive about this however well good fortune.

hello,

first off i can completely sympathise with you. i'm now 24 but i have gone my whole life battling my weight, and still am now. i went through school being bullied and and teased by my peers, which made me really depressed and i never used to want to get out of bed in the morning.

here's the thing. you don't want to hear it but i need to tell you some solid facts about starving yourself. you can then decide yourself what to do. your intention is to starve yourself until christmas day yes? no. if you starve yourself all week, then eat a banquet on christmas day (as everyone does) you will put on a ton of weight. one week is also not long enough for your body to lose any weight, it will come off on the scales but what's really happening to your body at this point is that your body is losing all it's water mostly through sweat and excretion.

your body will not able able to function properly, and you will start to go into starvation mode. this means that your body will begin to break down muscles in your body and process them as fat. your breath will then start to smell, your periods will stop, your skin will go bad, you won't be able to sleep and yet you will feel exhausted all at the same time. it's not worth it.

people do not starve themself for a week for religions. for example, muslims fast and do not eat anything during the day. however they eat at night time, and eat substantious meals until the sun comes up. then once it goes back down again they are allowed to eat again.

the best way to lose weight is not to diet. but to eat fruit and vegetables and salad, and plenty of foods from all the other food groups also. your body needs fat for it to be able to function properly. if this is making you depressed you could go and see your gp about how you're feeling and they will be able to work out a proper diet plan for you. one that is safe and healthy for you. at 13 you are still growing and developing.

aimey x

Source(s): I am a student nurse

Don't starve yourself. Exercise more often with things like jump roping which makes you skinnier. Run or find a sport to do. Another way is to eat mini HEALTHY snacks among the day instead of having 3 bigger meals. Don't eat unnecessary junk food. JUST DON'T STARVE YOURSELF

If you want to know whats its like to be in a hospital for weeks from malnutrion and to have weekly therapy, email me. Don't starve yourself. I was a perfectly normal happy teenager then I became anorexic. I lost all my friends, became severely depressed, developed terrible anxiety so I'm locked in my house and homeschooled. Don't do this. It completely ***** with your head and makes you go insane. Diet correctly and exercise so you can be happy.

Source(s): Fucking ex anorexic

even over weight people should not starve themselves research healthy stuff to eat on a daily basis and running helps a lot really and cardio works just get active losing weight takes a while not over night

Alright I'm going to give you an honest answer here. Starving for a week isn't going to give you results. You may lose like two pounds but that's it. Nothing noticeable.

Buddy, don't starve yourself. You're 13, you're supposed to be having fun with your friends not worrying about your weight. Yes, you should lose weight but you don't need to go that far. Work out, cut out carbs, cut out sugar, cut out anything you can;t read on the ingredients label.

One tip that i do to starve myself is... NOT EAT. WHAT A GENIUS IDEA.