Blood sugar 38 too high or low?

The doctors office said my sugars were 38 and that that was a high number. Now, I'm looking around online and it seems 38 would be like death. It seems to be that around 100 is ok but anything over 125 is bad. Now I had eaten a sugary cereal that morning and my doctors appt wasn't til 345 and I'd had a late lunch before I went so I was wondering 1. Is 38 a bad number? 2. If its a high number would eating before they check it be a reason it would be high?

Favorite Answer

38 mmol/L (684 mg/dL) is very high. Panic condition > 500 mg/dL.

If your blood sugar level is 38 mg/dL, you are suffering from hypoglycemia. Most healthy adults maintain fasting glucose levels above 4.0 mmol/L (72 mg/dl), and develop symptoms of hypoglycemia when the glucose falls below 4 mmol/L.

Panic condition < 40 mg/dL.

Undergo HbA1c test. HbA1c is a lab test that shows the average level of blood sugar (glucose) over the previous 3 months. It shows how well you are controlling your diabetes.

An HbA1c of 5.6% or less is normal.

The following are the results when the HbA1c is being used to diagnose diabetes:--

* Normal: Less than 5.7%

* Pre-diabetes: 5.7% to 6.4%

* Diabetes: 6.5% or higher

1

Source(s): Reverse Any Diabetes Easily - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?QFyv

2

Source(s): Secrets To Reverse Diabetes : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?YwSJ

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Blood sugar 38 too high or low?

The doctors office said my sugars were 38 and that that was a high number. Now, I&#39;m looking around online and it seems 38 would be like death. It seems to be that around 100 is ok but anything over 125 is bad. Now I had eaten a sugary cereal that morning and my doctors appt wasn&#39;t til 345...

Source(s): blood sugar 38 high low: https://tinyurl.im/JOrWm

My glucose level a few minutes ago was 68 mg/dL and it is a most uncomfortable feeling! Someone didn't warn me that they had made "sugar free" candy for me!! I used the instant insulin appropriate for a quarter cup of sugar and am now rebounding from HYPO!!

Stupid cows think they are doing me a huge favor!! and not telling me what they did!!

Ok, if your sugar was 38 mg/dL you would have been super dizzy, sick at stomach, super non intelligible!!! any one or all of the above. But if it was 380 then you wouldn't feel anything much! But that is very high for normal food habits in a non diabetic person. NORMAL people have a pancreas that works great and are not insulin resistant so their system kicks in and they never go over 150 mg/dL..

38 mmol would be equivalent to 684 mg/dL which is not merely a high number! It is double over the moon, almost to Mars!! We are supposed to be under 100 mg/dL. Doctor should have been having heart failure and calling for ambulance to transport you to hospital!

If you're in the United States, my friend, then a blood glucose level of 38 mg/dL (milligrams per deciLiter) is DEFINITELY low. If, however, you live in a civilised [civilized, if you are, in fact, one of my American cousins] country that uses the International Standard of blood glucose measurement, then 38 mmol/l (millimols per litre) is, indeed, high, and you should be admitted to hospital post haste for emergency treatment.

38 mg/dL does NOT feel like death, my friend, though it would probably make you feel anxious, lethargic, uncommunicative, lethargic/tired, trembling, confused, etc.

38 mmol/l would have you peeing as though it were an Olympic event and you were representing your country.

A 'normal' fasting (after not eating overnight) blood glucose level for a non-diabetic would normally be in the range 70 to 99 mg/dL [3.9 to 5.5 mmol/l].

Two hours post prandial (after eating) a non-diabetic's blood glucose level would not normally rise above 140 mg/dL [7.8 mmol/l]. I say normally as there are occasions when it could go higher, such as if the person being tested had an underlying infection at the time of testing; the person being tested as undergoing a period of extreme stress at the time of testing; or the person being tested was taking certain types of medication which are known to cause a rise in blood glucose levels. (These medications often include steroids, such as the types prescribed for the treatment of asthma, or for treating certain specific types of infection.)

A non-diabetic's blood glucose level would NOT normally be affected ... at least not to any significant degree ... by what you'd had to eat, whether it was full of sugar or not, as the pancreas would produce sufficient insulinfor the body's cells to utilise [utilize] the glucose from your bloodstream to create energy. If, however, the blood test that was carried out was a simple fingerprick, did you wash and dry your hands before having the test done? I ask this as there are many contaminants that could adversely affect the results obtained ... food and drink being just one (or rather, two) of these.

• Nicole

im diabetic and have had a healthy baby. it depends on how low your sugars are but low sugars are not bad for your baby, high sugars are what causes birth defects and the baby to have blood sugar probs when born. if your sugars go too low obviously it could be bad for you cuz you could pass out but a pregnant womans sugars are supposed to be a lil lower than normal a good range for you is 60-100 and 120 2 hours after you eat, if they are lower than that treat with juice or sugary liquid asap, if they are really low caffeine free soda works good like sprite or 7up and if it continues back off on the insulin little by little(keeping in touch with your doctor)

• Lorien

I'm a 45 year old woman and was recently diagnosed as being a borderline diabetic. My doctor prescribed some medication, but before filling it I decided to do some research on the internet which led me to the methods. After reading this ebook and applying the methods, my scepticism turned to 100% belief. I noticed that my energy levels increased significantly and I felt more rested in the morning, my symptoms started going away.

I am very happy to tell you that I have been feeling better than I have felt in years and my doctor informed me that he will be taking me off my prescriptions if I keep this up.

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

High blood levels of glucose can cause several problems, including frequent urination, excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, weight loss, and blurry vision. However, because type 2 diabetes develops slowly, some people with high blood sugar experience no symptoms at all. How to treat diabetes naturally https://tr.im/MHtYq

Symptoms of type 1 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Weight loss in spite of increased appetite

Fatigue

Nausea

Vomiting

Patients with type 1 diabetes usually develop symptoms over a short period of time, and the condition is often diagnosed in an emergency setting.

Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Increased appetite

Fatigue

Blurred vision

Slow-healing infections

Impotence in men

If you think you have diabetes i think you should have a checkup and speak with your doctor just in case.

3

Source(s): Reduce Diabetes Now http://ReverseYourDiabetes.netint.info/?8b4O