Why subject one's very existence to the whims of organized religion?

I'm repeatedly bewildered by Mans inclinations to blithely psychologically conform to and mimic such cultish like behaviours demanded by organized religion, religions founded on the murkiest of evidence, evidence ultimately requiring wave after wave of revisionism and eloquent explanation so as to appear relevant, generation after generation. How monotonous and lacking of original thought.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

As the effects of religions decline in the world, we see this conformity to psychological manipulation being taken over in the form of advertising and its relentless bid to get people consuming more and more goods. Business and commerce has stepped up to the plate and is now the overwhelming maipulator of Western society.

Just look at how billions of silly youngsters conform to whatever fashion dictates are presented to them! Look at how they "need" the latest iPhone or tablet or designer handbag or whatever! Look at how billions worship at the altar of Mammon, living for money, and their desperation to get more and more of it! They are never satisfied with what they have, even if they live in a big house full of plush fittings and with three cars on the driveway! We all know that the worship of sticks and stones has become the worship of Stocks and Shares.

Poor people. So blind. So unaware. So superior because they are not religious, yet they are chained hand and foot to Money. Who will set them free? Only Jesus can do that! But first, those people have to long to BE set free!

• Sol
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Yeah, it's a mess man...I guess some people find help in religion though. I know some people who really want to be good and want to model after Jesus, but then a majority are only following so they can own a high horse, if you get me.

Christianity is harmful in that once a glimpse of understanding comes through, you can't go any further spiritually, but you're locked in to growth. This way, the church can feed off your struggles for their gain alone. They're all parasites.

• 4 years ago

I would say that tou are not an agnostic. You would probably falll into the category of Deist. Deism is the belief in the existence of a Supreme Being, but which denies "revealed" religions. Deists base their belief on the light of nature and reason rather than on mandated articles of faith. I always liked Einstein's answer when he was asked if he believed in God. He replied, "I believe in Spinoza's God." In other words, a God who created the universe and then sat back to see how it would evolve without further interference. If you are interested in looking for a spiritual home where you will find others who share your ideas, you might look at the Unitarian Church. There you will likely find the scriptures of Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, or any of a number of religions used in their services. Good luck in your search.

• EAH
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It starts in childhood.

Maybe it is a form of weak parenting or something.

In any case the child, embraces religion,

to protect and care for them when they are afraid of ghosts or whatever.

I think it sad, that some, if not most, never grown out of,

their imagery friend who protects them.

Then have to show obedience to the myth,

by sacrificing science, with lies,

like man riding dinosaurs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Keep it out of politics and out of schools.

There's a reason we have a wall of separation. To prevent non-reason from governing.

One could justify teaching the Bible as a work of literature, but gods do not belong in science classes.

• 7 years ago

Many people speak out against the madness. That takes more guts in some countries than in others.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It is mostly due to fear and ignorance.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Why indeed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.