Citedal m-1911 .45 acp?

I own a S&W 40. As my service sidearm. I have always loved the 1911 platform .45 however I do not like the price of colts, kimber, etc. I cannot find too many reviews on the citedal though. Is it a solid firearm?

Favorite Answer

the police need to go back to the 45 cal they are effective

If there is a cheap, trustworthy .45, I haven't seen it. If I could afford a Kimber, I'd probably carry one, though I suspect that my Ruger .357, at about a third the price, will drop a bad guy at least as well as a .45. And there is ZERO chance of jamming, even though we roll around in the dirt & mud and grapple in weird positions not very suitable for firing.

Even though I loved the .45s I had in the Army (before they went to the ladies' purse-gun 9mm), I had a unit armorer to diddle with them when they got a bit cranky. After I retired and shot a lot bigger selection of handguns in my gun shop, I realized that I wanted something that was 100% reliable to carry, not just 99.9%, or even 99.99%. The Colts & Smiths were pretty guns and their triggers were slicker than the Ruger ... but you paid a real premium for that, for about zero importance in a defense situation. So I bought a couple of slick Colts to take to the range and enjoy, and admire the fine deep bluing, but bought stainless Ruger to carry -- 4" barrel, adjustable sights and Pachmayr Grips.

It's had uncountable thousands and thousands of rounds thru it, dropped in the mud & chicken**** on the farm, and is still dead accurate & tougher than dirt. And the stainless finish still polishes up well, even after the terrible abuse I give it. And it's bagged a number of foxes & coyotes along the way. My Colts still look pretty, but I seldom take them out and spend a lot of time cleaning & polishing them after the range.

• ?

I've heard some pretty bad things about them. The cheapest 1911 I know of that is decent is the taurus ones. My brother has one that is pretty decent and had something go bad with the seer and they fixed it for free. Not the highest quality gun company, but they do stand by their warranty and do so in a timely manner.

I have heard they make an excellent boat anchor. If this is for a service weapon, usually the department issues your weapon or specifies a list you may choose a weapon from. Your life may depend on that weapon. Do you really want to pinch pennies on it?

Source(s): Former deputy sheriff/corporal